Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a bummer that McGinn's going to be out for a few months. Fair play to him though, the performances that I had been moaning about as underwhelming were actually pretty decent for someone playing through an injury.

The possible blessing in disguise here is that the number of CMs we have was probably what stopped Lennon getting some wingers in. We were getting linked with wingers throughout the summer, then when Shinnie became available that stopped.

Chance now to get in some wide players in January I reckon.

Bit of a bummer that McGinn's going to be out for a few months. Fair play to him though, the performances that I had been moaning about as underwhelming were actually pretty decent for someone playing through an injury.

The possible blessing in disguise here is that the number of CMs we have was probably what stopped Lennon getting some wingers in. We were getting linked with wingers throughout the summer, then when Shinnie became available that stopped.

I think what may have hindered signing targets in the summer was the fear of a massive fine for the scenes of exuberance

I could be wrong, but now that's all taken care off hopefully Lenny gets some freedom to get a couple more of his men in

5 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Lennon was on the radio saying wingers are the main priority in January. Good to hear as we badly need it.

3 hours ago, HairyBawz said:

I think what may have hindered signing targets in the summer was the fear of a massive fine for the scenes of exuberance

I could be wrong, but now that's all taken care off hopefully Lenny gets some freedom to get a couple more of his men in

Could be but with that offer for Cummings being rejected before the exuberance ruling, I'd guess that the club weren't ever expecting anything more than a ticking off. Did we not go after Pawlett and a few other similar players? Think none of Lennon's targets were looking too promising, Shinnie came on the market and Lennon went for him instead.

Pretty sure the prospect of this million pound fine was never more than a Rangers and Hearts fan coping mechanism. Big Rod will have kent the score.

24 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Lennon was on the radio saying wingers are the main priority in January. Good to hear as we badly need it.

Good stuff. Everything else is there, least goals conceded in the UK (probably let more in if we stop playing 3 CBs but still) and loads of options in centre mid and up front. If Lennon gets those signings right and we've finally got a bit of threat down the wings, we'll be in great shape.

Archived