Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the topic of lewy, Is Stevenson getting a testimonial? Hanlon must be due one next year too. Had heard it was happening this summer but had also heard he didn't want one and doesn't want the attention.

I was thinking about that earlier actually. Wee match between the 07 & 16 cup winning teams would be nice.

35 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

On the topic of lewy, Is Stevenson getting a testimonial? 

19 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I was thinking about that earlier actually. Wee match between the 07 & 16 cup winning teams would be nice.

This whole season is Stevenson's testimonial season.  If you remember he had a dinner thrown for him in September.  No idea why setting up the actual match is taking so long but it's still apparently in the works:

http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/?page_id=11

What with work and some family stuff going on I've not been down to as many games as I'd like this season, but whenever it happens I'm going to make it down for this testimonial.  If you think of all the players that have come and gone in his time at the club, some who were lauded as potential greats but achieved f**k all and many who were just pish or contributed absolutely nothing he stands out as a guy who really contributed (and contributes) something to the club.  Although he's never really the kind of guy who catches the eye necessarily or picks up the plaudits from the fans he works hard and churns out 6-7/10 performances even when the side in general aren't playing all that well.  If we'd had a few more like him in his time I doubt we'd be in this division now.

Out of all his generation of players he's arguably been the one who actually did the most for Hibernian as a club.  I hope we keep him until he decides to hang up his boots.  

2 minutes ago, Redstarstranraer said:

This whole season is Stevenson's testimonial season.  If you remember he had a dinner thrown for him in September.  No idea why setting up the actual match is taking so long but it's still apparently in the works:

http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/?page_id=11

What with work and some family stuff going on I've not been down to as many games as I'd like this season, but whenever it happens I'm going to make it down for this testimonial.  If you think of all the players that have come and gone in his time at the club, some who were lauded as potential greats but achieved f**k all and many who were just pish or contributed absolutely nothing he stands out as a guy who really contributed (and contributes) something to the club.  Although he's never really the kind of guy who catches the eye necessarily or picks up the plaudits from the fans he works hard and churns out 6-7/10 performances even when the side in general aren't playing all that well.  If we'd had a few more like him in his time I doubt we'd be in this division now.

Out of all his generation of players he's arguably been the one who actually did the most for Hibernian as a club.  I hope we keep him until he decides to hang up his boots.  

Good post and totally agree.

22 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Going all the way back to July for a post. What an absolute embarrassment to your family you must be :lol: .Yes it's defo me that's never a hibby. Right enough. Can you f**k off now? You're getting quite boring.

At page 150 and so far you have heard quite a lot ( none of which seems to happen ) Do you have schizophrenia ? It may explain the voices in your head, I'd also stop reading the daily retard if I were you ( just a wee heads up ;) ) oops there's another fav of yours ( wee man ) you do like to refer to it a lot, about as much as you like throwing out the term tramp ( are you from Niddrie Marischal by any chance )

I can see why you like Bambino though his predictions were about as good as yours in fact I think you're both on 100% ( failure ) rate.

Ta Ra for now chuck :wub:

3 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

At page 150 and so far you have heard quite a lot ( none of which seems to happen ) Do you have schizophrenia ? It may explain the voices in your head, I'd also stop reading the daily retard if I were you ( just a wee heads up ;) ) oops there's another fav of yours ( wee man ) you do like to refer to it a lot, about as much as you like throwing out the term tramp ( are you from Niddrie Marischal by any chance )

I can see why you like Bambino though his predictions were about as good as yours in fact I think you're both on 100% ( failure ) rate.

Ta Ra for now chuck :wub:

giphy wank.gif

14 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

On the topic of lewy, Is Stevenson getting a testimonial? Hanlon must be due one next year too. Had heard it was happening this summer but had also heard he didn't want one and doesn't want the attention.

Seriously I'd go check out those voices.

Archived