Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Great day to be a Hibs fan and surprisingly quiet in here, hangover gone and looking for a thread on last nights game ?  GGTTH

I'll help as for some reason I feel you are misunderstood and I'm willing to guide you, brother.  Look for the domestic cup forum and fill your boots.  Look for the thread on the Scottish cup holders, regardless of what Andrew Halliday thought. 

Just now, Bambino7 said:

I'll help as for some reason I feel you are misunderstood and I'm willing to guide you, brother.  Look for the domestic cup forum and fill your boots.  Look for the thread on the Scottish cup holders, regardless of what Andrew Halliday thought. 

Read it and posted my thoughts :thumsup2

Should be pulling out all the stops to get Marciano tied up on a permanent deal. rarely I've felt so calm with a hibs goalie but you can see his international class at times. Confident, good with his feet, dominates his box and can produce some great saves. Sign him up Lenny 

Should be pulling out all the stops to get Marciano tied up on a permanent deal. rarely I've felt so calm with a hibs goalie but you can see his international class at times. Confident, good with his feet, dominates his box and can produce some great saves. Sign him up Lenny 

Agree with this completely. Do not get the fear with him whatsoever. Great shot stopper and very commanding in his box as well.

Necessities are getting him signed up permanently and giving Darren McGregor a contract for life.

This morning whilst reading through my phone I stumbled across the YouTube video of Sunshine on Leith at Hampden, and I must say, after watching it again it is one of the most glorious pieces of football related footage I've ever witnessed. As a football fan, that kind of moment is what I hope to one day take part in. You lucky, lucky b*****ds.

Thank you.

Marciano is a must for next season, could do with an assured keeper for more than a season with a consistent back four in front. Assuming promotion takes place, i'd look to bring in more fullback cover, but defence looks capable. Keep McGinn and JC for another season, add another million or two onto their valuations and cash in :thumsup2 as long as we've got dempster at the helm, the long term future of the club looks very promising. Only one thing I've noticed is that we are currently top of the U20s league and there's been a lack of involvement from the young lads in and around the first team, don't know if we're leaving it till summer to kick them on, but would be nice, perhaps when the leagues sewn up!

6 minutes ago, LondonHibsFan said:

How long are Hanlon and Forster going to be out for? And if Fontaine's crocked too then we seriously need a centre back in fucking pronto.

Saw someone suggest Hanlon could be out for the season. One fit central defender to head into a crucial stage of the season is brutal. Hope we don't replicate our form from last season after we beat Hearts. Anything is possible with this squad right enough. 

Just sitting there thinking. Imagine: 

27th may 2017

scottish cup final day

hibernian vs rangers 

Neil Lennon vs Barry Ferguson 

good vs evil

hibernian win it in stoppage time to seal 2 in a row.

pitch invasion. Lennon runs towards the **** balaclava'd up to goad them giving it big licks, blessing himself, belting out here we go 3 in a row. 

I got proper goosebumps thinking about it. If anyone can do it it's us. We will do it for ourselves, our Celtic brothers and our Scottish football family. 

HAIL FUCKING HAIL.

Archived