Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was at college there was a Barclays bank on campus which people were picketing as part of the boycott. Unfortunately most of the African students had accounts with them so ignored them. Cue a lot of embarrassed fidgeting.

I've never bought a menorah, but that's more to do with a dislike of of the dictatorial regime that makes up the BOD of Yankee Candles.

Orly?  Do tell, my wife is yankee candle daft.

My comment may not have been entirely factual*

*I own 6 menorahs.

Pleasing.  My wife is addicted to buying large yankee candle jars.

It would have broken her heart if the Yankee Candle BOD were shifty Tory donors.

:lol:

Unless you live in a hole and grow your own vegetables, then you almost certainly aren't doing it right.

It's a very nice hole; Hobbit like. And there's nothing like the taste of home grown vegetables.

The big issue with Israeli goods are those produced on the settlements of the West Bank - I believe that they should be the focus of any boycott campaign.

Unfortunately some of the wider boycotts indiscriminately target all Israeli goods - my understanding is that the BDS campaign only targets products, companies or Israeli-government institutions and initiatives that profit from the violation of Palestinian human rights - which is the right balance in my opinion.

No, I think I would probably have done the same if I were old enough at the time.

You wouldn't though let's be honest. You would condemn them, suggest what they were doing was a waste of time and labelled anyone taking any direct action as "just as bad as the other side". You're a classic liberal.

Archived