Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

Another Cameron ally, Nicky Morgan expected to leave cabinet.

May seems to be setting out her stall fairly early on here.

Morgan nominated Gove for the Leadership. May is purging Gove and his allies and  Osborne's supporters could be next for the chop.

She is promoting her and Boris Johnson's cronies. Fox and Davis backed her against Leadsom and Gove. It's not business, it's very personal. 

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yoda said:

In normal circumstances seeing Osbourne, Gove, Hunt, and the rest of the gang removed from office would be a glorious sight.  Seeing them removed from office and then replaced by a bunch of "proper" Tory lunatics isn't quite as satisfying.

I compared this elsewhere to finding a tenner in the street then going home and finding your house has been burgled.

Well in a turn of events, Jeremy Hunt is staying on as Health Sec.

Basically any goodwill May has got up until now from her speech and reshuffle has been undone in one stroke.

How has Hunt not been sacked? He was an awful culture secretary, somehow got promoted, he's a worse Health secretary but somehow keeps his job. I can imagine everyone who works in the NHS is very angry right now.

12 minutes ago, Theo Snelders said:

FFS, Boris at the FO, Hunt still at health-what a fucking joke.

Villiers turned a job that she felt she could not take on? Was that job Health Secretary? 

Borisconi will not be in charge of Brexit negotiations. Davis has got that job and Fox is taking on International Trade. The FO is having its wings clipped.

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Villiers turned a job that she felt she could not take on? Was that job Health Secretary? 

Borisconi will not be in charge of Brexit negotiations. Davis has got that job and Fox is taking on International Trade. The FO is having its wings clipped.

I'm aware of that, but Boris is an arch twat with form for greatly offending other countries/peoples.

Hunt at Health has been/is a disaster. New blood and a fresh start was essential to this post.

The news above about the Orgreave enquiry is awful too.

CnUvSJeWEAAW88V.jpg
244 retweets 65 likes

11 minutes ago, Theo Snelders said:

What a load of clickbait shite :lol: Half of the countries have the exact same 'comments on Commonwealth countries'.

"Work and Pensions Secretary Stephen Crabb has resigned from Government "in the best interests of my family"

Not much of a shock, considering recent press.

Archived