Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

7 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Nobody cares you little cretin,  that vile party of sociopaths and homophobes is nowhere near the 21st century and will never be electable in this country.

Have you given up posting as Cream Cheese, Fuzzy?

Or are you planning to argue with yourself?

:lol:

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Is this what we really wanted from the EU Ref!? good god, be careful what you wish for eh!! Give it a few months, and Davie boy won't seem so bad at all.

No.  This is what happens when you have a PM that throws the dummy out.

Well Boris is the new Foreign Secretary.  Narrowly beat Prince Philip for the position, I hear.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the news or if I'm reading a P J Wodehouse comedy called something like 'Pongo Twistleton Goes to Westminster'.

Another Cameron ally, Nicky Morgan expected to leave cabinet.

May seems to be setting out her stall fairly early on here.

11 hours ago, Sooky said:

Really is the end of an era within the Conservative party. Cameron, Osborne, Gove and Boles - all friends at University - were part of the 'Notting Hill set' that were successfully able to modernise the party - dragging it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century- and turn it into an electable party once more. Cameron, Osborne and Boles have all resigned/been sacked and I wouldn't say it's looking all that promising for Gove either considering he has a very frosty relationship with Theresa May.

Surely you mean in England or do you mean the UK as a whole (including Scotland) ?

In normal circumstances seeing Osbourne, Gove, Hunt, and the rest of the gang removed from office would be a glorious sight.  Seeing them removed from office and then replaced by a bunch of "proper" Tory lunatics isn't quite as satisfying.

Hunt looks likely to slither into a new post. It also appears that Boris Johnson's Foreign Office is going to be left in charge of nothing more than diplomatic jollies to Papua New Guinea. I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome there. 

Liz Truss goes justice (first ever female in that role), Justine Greening to education (first ever state educated person in that role)

Well Boris is the new Foreign Secretary.  Narrowly beat Prince Philip for the position, I hear.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the news or if I'm reading a P J Wodehouse comedy called something like 'Pongo Twistleton Goes to Westminster'.

Makes that Ali G film seem a bit less far fetched now.

17 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Philip Hammond is basically a cryogenically-frozen recast of John Redwood - it is utterly terrifying to see that clown becoming Chancellor. 

He looks like he wears one of those masks from Mission: Impossible.

Archived