Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

This guy will be discussing our foreign relations with the likes of Russia and China.

Boris-Johnson.jpg

10 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

BoJo as foreign secretary? Oh my. :lol:

7 minutes ago, renton said:

BoJo at the FCO. Christ on a fucking bike.:lol:

I wonder who said "the last time he did a foriegn deal he came back with 3 water cannons"

Look below for clue

11 minutes ago, Sooky said:

In more expected news, Amber Rudd as Home Sec.

David Davis to get Brexit, Liam Fox gets a newly created International Trade role.

Worth nothing that Boris as FCO minister, don't be dealing with the EU all that much. Now a lesser role.

Just now, Sooky said:

David Davis to get Brexit, Liam Fox gets a newly created International Trade role.

Worth nothing that Boris as FCO minister, don't be dealing with the EU all that much. Now a lesser role.

FCO is the best of the three senior cabinet posts below PM, Chancellor is most senior and you get to look statesman like at the big international conferences but you are the unpopular guy that puts up people's taxes, the home secretary is the poor b*****d that deals with the criminals, immigration numbers and paedos, they also have to stay at home. Being at the FCO is brilliant, because you get to act statesman like without the down sides: As the UK has no recognisable foreign policy beyond watching C-SPAN, it's easy to look important with no real consequences.

44 minutes ago, renton said:

FCO is the best of the three senior cabinet posts below PM, Chancellor is most senior and you get to look statesman like at the big international conferences but you are the unpopular guy that puts up people's taxes, the home secretary is the poor b*****d that deals with the criminals, immigration numbers and paedos, they also have to stay at home. Being at the FCO is brilliant, because you get to act statesman like without the down sides: As the UK has no recognisable foreign policy beyond watching C-SPAN, it's easy to look important with no real consequences.

Screw up as Chancellor and your name goes down in history (Lamont ERM etc), screw up (as they mostly do) in the Home Office and your party takes a hit in the polls, screw up in the FCO and your career hits the buffers but it rarely harms your wider party. His is out of the nitty gritty of Brexit negotiations, has the might of the FCO team behind him to do the details and the PM flies in for the crucial one day meets with other world leaders. Its a safe-ish place to plonk him, from a party perspective. 

35 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

Just read this post and noticed the time on my phone is 20:17.

So yes, now please. Right now is a good time.

Only on this forum is it a good time. You all won the EU referendum on this forum but not in real life.

No appetite for a referendum here in The Borders that I can tell. I know many remainers who do not want an indyref.

Not scientific but reading the Hawick News this week it is full of letters against another indyref and local councillors are calling on Sturgeon to rein in the indyref rhetoric.

Archived