Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philip Hammond to be the new chancellor seems almost certain. We might have Amber Rudd in the Home Office and apparently Justine Greening might be getting Foreign (Osborne was rumoured beforehand). If it's the case, 3/4 of the great offices of state will be female.

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Philip Hammond to be the new chancellor seems almost certain. We might have Amber Rudd in the Home Office and apparently Justine Greening might be getting Foreign (Osborne was rumoured beforehand). If it's the case, 3/4 of the great offices of state will be female.

Plus Philip Hammond is a c*nt - a clean sweep for the birds.

Lots of people are complaining about May being the next PM "We didnt vote for her" etc. Well, no actually when the UK voted the tories in as a majority, you voted for the leader of that party to be PM, if the leader of that party changes during thier term that means whoever becomes the new leader of that party also becomes PM. I hate the tories as much as anyone but that doesnt mean we should change the rules. When Salmond stepped down and Strugeon stepped in there were no cries for a new vote.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Plus Philip Hammond is a c*nt - a clean sweep for the birds.

Just beat me to it.  Doesn't matter who gets what job they're all Tory c***s regardless of their gender.

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Lots of people are complaining about May being the next PM "We didnt vote for her" etc. Well, no actually when the UK voted the tories in as a majority, you voted for the leader of that party to be PM, if the leader of that party changes during thier term that means whoever becomes the new leader of that party also becomes PM. I hate the tories as much as anyone but that doesnt mean we should change the rules. When Salmond stepped down and Strugeon stepped in there were no cries for a new vote.

How does that work when a new leader with a different outlook and policies takes over?

Not saying that is the case here, but your argument isn't exactly a catch-all.

Best send Theresa a pm pointing this out given she was whining about Gordon Brown having no mandate when he became PM.

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

How does that work when a new leader with a different outlook and policies takes over?

Not saying that is the case here, but your argument isn't exactly a catch-all.

Because you vote for the Party, if the leader of that party changes then the party votes for a new leader. I know May complained about Brown taking over, but shes a complete tool. I dont like the woman but i respect the rules that are in place for this kind of situation. Its been done countless times in the past and im sure will happen again.

Just now, EdgarusQPFC said:

Because you vote for the Party, if the leader of that party changes then the party votes for a new leader. I know May complained about Brown taking over, but shes a complete tool. I dont like the woman but i respect the rules that are in place for this kind of situation. Its been done countless times in the past and im sure will happen again.

You've completely missed my point.

If the leadership changes to someone who wants to take the party in a completely different policy direction from the manifesto on which they were elected, what mandate do they have to be Prime Minister?

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If the leadership changes to someone who wants to take the party in a completely different policy direction from the manifesto on which they were elected, what mandate do they have to be Prime Minister?

None, according to Theresa May in 2007.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Her only mandate is being voted leader of her party while in power, i totally agree that its not much of one but those are the rules that are in place at this moment in time, perhaps with her becoming PM it will bring up the question on wether this rule should be kept or not. Either way im concerned with her being in power.

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

4 if you include Mrs. Windsor

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

But they weren't PM of the UK at the time

1 minute ago, Cream Cheese said:

Nothing like some good old royalist arse licking from the BBC. Don't you just feel so proud and patriotic?

And yet it's Indy supporters who are apparently "cultists".

Has any journalist challenged May on her 2007 claim that Brown, when in her position, had no mandate - or have they all been too busy praising her for having a vagina and scouring the archives for family pictures of her and her husband?

Archived