England vs Iceland

and Bobby Robson was the manager at the 1988 Championship.

That was worth shouting about :lol: :lol:

1988 UEFA European Football Championship final tournament was held in West Germany

Group 2:

England 0-1 Republic of Ireland

England 1-3 Holland

England 1-3 Russia

Some of that tournament was televised and I can remember after each game when

Bobby Robson the England manager was interviewed he never once said that they

were beaten by a better team.

Was on holiday in Benidorm for the last 2 of those games. I can remember Marco van Basten tearing them apart.  :thumsup2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gareth Southgate set to knock back interim role as England head coach.

Lars Lagerback not interested either. C'mon Scotland, jettison Strachan and get third time lucky with Lars!

I was out during the game, in a Somerset pub. There was a telly in a back room and the continued silence from within kept me happy and calm.

I trust this thread will be preserved.

You're now added to the hall of fame ;)

post-44711-0-50700700-1467232651_thumb.j

Had an interesting discussion earlier, if a player from any of the home nations put in 25+ goals this season for any team in the scottish premiership which national side would he make? I'd think all but England, and unlikely he would be at any club come January outside Celtic if he had been on form in the opening part of the season. So how many goals would an English national need to score in the scottish premiership regardless of which side to be even considered for the national team? 30+ 40+ or just never. And how many goals would probably secure a place in the iceland team :)

Had an interesting discussion earlier, if a player from any of the home nations put in 25+ goals this season for any team in the scottish premiership which national side would he make? I'd think all but England, and unlikely he would be at any club come January outside Celtic if he had been on form in the opening part of the season. So how many goals would an English national need to score in the scottish premiership regardless of which side to be even considered for the national team? 30+ 40+ or just never. And how many goals would probably secure a place in the iceland team :)

I admire your occasional use of English in this post.

Was on holiday in Benidorm for the last 2 of those games. I can remember Marco van Basten tearing them apart.  :thumsup2

My memory isn't whit it used tae be.

I cannae recall the games but I do remember Bobby Robson getting hassle from the media.

Nothing but excuses and never once saying that the better team won.

Of course the seethe in the studio was well up to standard :lol:

Archived