Conjuring 2

Anyone else watched this ? Went with the mrs last night to see it and just couldn't get into it. Thought the ending was anti climatic too.

The crooked man frightened the shite out me though.

Don't know if its because there has been loads of supernatural horrors recently but I miss the slasher genre.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if its because there has been loads of supernatural horrors recently but I miss the slasher genre.

Candyman was the scariest I've ever seen. Must have been 10 when I first saw it though, so little wonder.

Candyman...

Candyman...

Candyman...

Candyman...

My phone screen is slightly reflective, so no fcuking way am I saying it a fifth time.

Candyman was the scariest I've ever seen. Must have been 10 when I first saw it though, so little wonder.

Candyman...

Candyman...

Candyman...

Candyman...

My phone screen is slightly reflective, so no fcuking way am I saying it a fifth time.

:lol: Its not worth it. Next time you see a bee its goodnight Vienna

The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Case

The sequel to the first, obviously. This time The Warrens head to Engerland to investigate the possession of a young girl, or more they are sent to make sure it isn't a hoax and the family aren't after a quick buck following the publicity the Amityville horror received. A slower start this time around and it has two running stories at the beginning but they do well at combining these things throughout the film (without giving spoilers).

It has the expected Wan jump scares and one in particular had the whole cinema jumping it appeared :lol: Jump scenes apart I quite liked the story and thought the cast put in solid performances, the possessed lass in particular.

James Wan continues to impress me. Easily one of my favourite directors. I love the way he tries to do extended scenes without cuts. He makes good use of the zoom function both in and out and gets the camera into some strange angles that work really well in horror.

If you want a horror with plenty of jumps and a decent storyline then I'd recommend giving this a view. If you enjoy the film then stay put at the end to see real pictures and the actual recording of the young lass.

A lot of folk are saying it's better than the first. I personally still have a lot of love for the first and it's probably my favourite horror, so it's a no from me, just. A solid film either way.

7.5/10

Put that in the last movie watched thread.

On the Candyman front, did anyone used to go to the toilet at primary school and try and say it 5 times? :lol: There was that and saying green lady blue man 3 times to make them apparently appear. Never had the balls to say either!

Put that in the last movie watched thread.

On the Candyman front, did anyone used to go to the toilet at primary school and try and say it 5 times? :lol: There was that and saying green lady blue man 3 times to make them apparently appear. Never had the balls to say either!

Still wouldn't say it 5 times and I'm now 27 :lol:

Two stand out bits for were the crooked man which terrified me and when they were interviewing the girl when she had the water in her mouth. The blurred background going into a rough face was a cracking effect

Second the last part. Another really good piece of Directing. I'm probably a Wan fanboy such is my love for his innovation!

Saw this at the weekend with the wife, really enjoyed the 1st one and this was also just as good with the story and the nun/crooked man being terrifying.  

Only complaint was I felt the accents were a bit Dick Van Dyke and living up to the stereotype of British people have terrible teeth and live in Victorian era poverty. 

Archived