Portugal vs Wales

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After spending the entire tournament waiting for Wales to fall flat on their face I'm now wanting them to make the final, because Pepe and Ronaldo basically.

Quite similarly, I have been backing their opponents and now decided to stick them at 3/1. 

And I now hope they win the whole lot.

This is the first game where i've thought, Wales should be winning this. Portugal have been pretty poor and haven't managed to win a game in 90. So good chance portugal will come out all guns blazing.

Ramsay missing is a huge blow, Williams or King in? Give the same graft but with less of the talent. 

I really want Portugal to win this but I think that Wales just riding too high ATM and getting all the luck with decisions which means they will sneak through but I cannot see them winning the thing........Why we are backing them out of some sort of bitterness against the English is beyond me as well. I hope Ronaldo finds his form but just cannot see it.

The only reason I would want them to win the whole thing though would be for the utter meltdown it would put the English Media in, not their people but the Media who are actually the issue.

Hope the Welsh can do it but I have got a feeling that Portugal will just sneak it in the end, despite not exactly firing on all cylinders up to now. Think the Welsh will miss Ramsey for this game but you never know.

Mostly down to being jealous that a country with a population half of ours can create 1 world class player and 1 nearly world class player at the same time, I want Wales to get pumped 5-0, then whoever else is in the final to pump Portugal.

6 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

This is the first game where i've thought, Wales should be winning this. Portugal have been pretty poor and haven't managed to win a game in 90. So good chance portugal will come out all guns blazing.

Ramsay missing is a huge blow, Williams or King in? Give the same graft but with less of the talent. 

If Ramsay was playing, I'd definitely have Wales as favourites, as it is, I worry Portugal will end up edging it. Probably on penalties after a 1-1 draw and they'll have made it all the way through to the final like that with just one extra time win to their name. :(

Wales just came up a bit short then. Badly missed Ramsey tonight and they never really got going, was a comfortable win for Portugal in the end. Good to see Ronny stepping up yet again, terrific goal and a rather fortuitous assist.

Portugal will be underdogs in the final whoever they play, but they will definitely fancy themselves. With Ronny you'll always have a chance.

What an achievement by Wales to get to the semis. Think they're the team of the tournament whatever happens now. Truly historic stuff.

Don't think a team has ever put in so many bad/nothing performances and made it to the final of a major international tournament before. Wales seemed overawed, too much passion, not enough concentration, sharpness and quality. Savage will be utterly baffled at how this can be possible. 

Pretty pish game, very dull to watch, hoped Bale would shag one in from 50 yards to make the end interesting but sadly not. One of those games for Portugal where you find yourselves 2-0 up and you're not quite sure how.

Logic would dictate that France and Germany should utterly pump them but that probably just means Portugal will win it, as long as it's enjoyable to watch I don't really care tbf.

Archived