Welcome to P&B Version 4.0

11 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

When I go I to a topic it isn't going to the last place I read like it used to, I'm therefore having to either jump to the end and go backwards or trawl through the entire thread? 

Is is this an issue for anyone else? 

Click the circle (or star if you've posted in the topic) next to the thread title. Also, all posts were marked as read at the time of the upgrade so it won't work for older topics/replies.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate change. But I like it, will take some getting used to and should be better once it starts running quicker.

However like someone else said before I preferred when the Quote/Edit functions were buttons rather than text. Also had something weird happen last night, reading a thread minding my own business when the screen went blank with the only text on it to tell me someone has added a comment, had to delete something at the end of the URL (had something about a comment in it - probably should have said something at the time when it was fresh in my mind) to get it back to the thread.

Another small thing, the location and my team stuff at the side would look a bit neater with a space after the colon.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Anyone else getting connection errors in the last few minutes?

Yip. There have been ongoing issues all morning. I have a DBA working with me at the moment.

1 hour ago, Albertlegend said:

When I go I to a topic it isn't going to the last place I read like it used to, I'm therefore having to either jump to the end and go backwards or trawl through the entire thread? 

Is is this an issue for anyone else? 

Click the little circle or the star on the left of the topic title rather than the topic title itself :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Div said:

Click the little circle or the star on the left of the topic title rather than the topic title itself :thumsup2

Thats ok if you're in the forum itself but no good from the main page

ETA - from the main page you can click on the time :)

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

I'm sure after all the work you've put in Div you don't need some wee Falkirk fud telling you they absolutely hate the round avatars ... so I won't.

(they do look a bit shit though :P)

Shut it you wee Falkirk fud.

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I'm sure after all the work you've put in Div you don't need some wee Falkirk fud telling you they absolutely hate the round avatars ... so I won't.

(they do look a bit shit though :P)

:lol::lol::lol:

App's not working for me on iOS, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing loading up.  Using the desktop at the moment... How 2007 :S

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Can you no longer add the spoiler button?

The spoiler tag is the little eyeball on the toolbar;

Spoiler

Like this

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

It's slower than Nat Wedderburn but like the look of the site.

It will get faster, promise!

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

App's not working for me on iOS, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing loading up.  Using the desktop at the moment... How 2007 :S

The App is lower priority for me than the Desktop and Mobile browser right now, I will get round to looking at that when I get chance.

Just now, Div said:

It will get faster, promise!

I'm no no hurry - take all the time you want - there's no great rush to read how pish our latest trialist is or who is the latest OAP to escape their hospice and sign on at Easter Road. Seem to get lots of random "chat" notifications then when I click on them it says I'm not authorised to use that function. 

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Where's the wee thing at the bottom of the page to help you switch between Forums? Is that coming later?

This is my gripe as well with the new layout. Hopefully we get the navigation icon back as it made it so quick & easy to switch between forums.

5 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Old posts have gone a bit mental - spoilers no longer hidden, square brackets all over the place with "emoji" in them and quoted stuff not looking quoted.

The old posts will correct themselves, eventually.

The reason the forum is running slowly is that there is a job going on that is rebuilding all the old posts one by one.

Archived