Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Anyone read what happened between Steve Bruce and Ross McCormack:lol:

It explains why Scotland managers have constantly ignored him, and why he seems to move sideways every couple of seasons. If that story is true, McCormack's an absolute roaster of the highest calibre.  It's also absolutely hilarious.

From the BBC website:-

Scotland forward Ross McCormack has been disciplined by Aston Villa and dropped after "continually missing training", says manager Steve Bruce.

The 30-year-old was left out of Villa's match-day squad for Saturday's 2-2 Championship draw at home to Preston.

"He is nowhere near fit enough to play and be involved," Bruce told BBC WM 95.6. "I don't think he's in a physical shape or state to contribute.

"Unless his attitude towards everything changes, he's not going to be picked.

McCormack in 'no fit shape to play'

Former Leeds and Fulham front man McCormack, who signed for Villa for £12m in August, last scored on Boxing Day.

"It is fair to say disciplinary measures have been made against him because of his attitude and continually missing training," Bruce added.

"Not in 20 years in management have I ever gone down this route but I feel I have to take a stance because I will not put up with it. There has been too much indiscipline at Villa.

"He has decided the team has picked itself. How can I pick him when he doesn't come to training?

"His failure to turn up for training has happened more than once. Everyone can have an excuse but when it is more than once I will not accept it."

McCormack, who began his career as a trainee at Rangers, has netted three goals so far this season.

Well done Steve Bruce, seems the money has gone to McCormack's head.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Forest are going for Nigel Clough as new manager. I'm sure this one will end well.

So Forest go for a manager of a team in the relegation zone! :rolleyes:

That would be a sentimental and unambitious appointment.

What's next? Trevor Francis as his assistant?

Garbage!! Didn't go tonight but looks like it was Mr Negative tactics Carlos again. Needs to drop certain player instead of them being his favourites. If Rhodes signing goes through then brilliant signing although 10 millions makes the eyes water but he needs the service from midfield and balls into box which we've not been doing since season started. Dissapointed couldn't bring in a midfielder however which we needed seeing as Kieran Lee is out for season.

15 minutes ago, Glasgow Loon said:

Derby into the top 6 on goal difference as on the same points as the wendies.

The wendies also having five strikers to choose from:- Rhodes, Winnall, Hooper, Fletcher and Forestieri providing the Rhodes deal goes through.

Forestieri should and hopefully move into left midfield as he's more effective there however we couldn't get rid of the big useless lump in Nuhiu who's also a 'striker' but scored 1 in about 60 games:thumbsdown

Derby into the top 6 on goal difference as on the same points as the wendies.
The wendies also having five strikers to choose from:- Rhodes, Winnall, Hooper, Fletcher and Forestieri providing the Rhodes deal goes through.

How could derby possibly have improved by getting shot of Chris Martin???

Villa punt McCormack to Forest on loan. It'll be a longer drive for his new manager, when appointed, to his house to check the gates. Villa have sold Ashley Westwood to Burnley and Jordan Ayew to Swansea. Forest have also signed Zack Clough from Bolton on a permanent deal.

ETA - It's been a busy day at Wigan - 8 in and 3 out so far.

They finished 5th with him in the team last season, so I'd hold your horses there.

Where were they when they punted him put out on loan??? What has Chris Martin achieved against an international team made up of people who play football for an actual living? He even struggles against the binmen n bakers ffs

Archived