Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Winnall passed his medicle yesterday and should hopefully become a Wednesday player today. Conor Hourihane had talks with ourselves yesterday I understand and missed training. 

Edit: Sam Winnall has now signed for Sheffield Wednesday for probably around 500k plus add-ons. Be confirmed by both clubs probably tomorrow due to a Barnsley club legend's funeral being held today.

Good win for QPR at Reading. A decent spell for them which must surely be a blip.

Loved the Jamie Mackie interview after the game. The reporter seemed to suggest it just wasn't done that he celebrated his goal as he had previously played for Reading but Mackie shot it down with 'I enjoyed my time with them but I play for QPR now and I'll celebrate any goal I score for QPR.' Absolutely spot on Jamie. The non celebration trend is toe curling stuff.

First half was so poor that eating my pie was more interesting than watching the match but Huddersfield were the better team but didn't have much chances. Second half took Fletcher off and put Sam Winnall on and basically changed the match as well as maybe CC giving the players a talking too at HT. Pressed Huddersfield and didn't give them time on the ball which we should be doing all the time. Fantastic goal by Wallace although I would of punted him at HT but that's why I'm in the stand watching rather than in dugout although I do think Huddersfield should of got a free kick before goal. Red card was very harsh I thought as well but referee must of thought there was intent in the challenge. And goal by FF at the end wrapped up a fine second half performance. Big game on Friday night now Vs Brighton, same performance against Newcastle then I don't see why we can't leave without the 3 points.

41 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well that was fucking dreadful.

Any lingering hopes of going straight back up extinguished today I reckon.

With ourselves and you guys the only team that's been mentioned to have an intrest in signing Conor Hourihane I hope he picks us over use not because I'm biased just because I don't see Villa going up this season. Both teams I believe can match wages it's just who he wants to play for and if he wants a potential promotion or another season in the championship albeit a bigger club than ourselves. 

Archived