Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to lose patients with this team. Pay loads of money to watch crap like that where we have no plan b and let teams come at us rather than us and attack them. Spent money in both transfer markets and we've got a good 11 and a strong bench so we really should be doing better than what we are offering however tactics and the way we approach games see us struggling from the off. Don't know what Rhodes was bought for if all were doing is punting ball at him and going 'here do something with that' for it to be won by opposition defenders. He's a born goal scorer if given the right balls into the box but simple things like that is too difficult for our players. Last season was beautiful to watch this season has been like watching a bottom side although we're managing to win games how I have no idea. Leeds deserved to win and Chris Wood was always bound to score too. Another difficult match next week at home against Norwich, am already looking forward to see what wonderful tactics CC will produce.   

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Haven't checked the table but assume from your posts that Wednesday must be in the relegation zone?

Oh, and, "patients"?

FFS.

We are a negative team this season where our first idea is to go out and not to lose the game instead of going out to win the game and because of that it's been like watching paint dry. The confidence from last season isn't there, from being on the ball to creating chances.

We won games against Wigan, Birmingham, Blackburn and Forest without playing well. We weren't much better than those 4 teams but managed to win the games. The warnings were there, we aren't playing well enough, the 2 defeats against Brentford and Leeds aren't really surprising.

We are lacking any sort of tempo to our play and our performances are flat.

The players are struggling to do the basics and over the course of the season so far we have had the performances of a mid table team(even though i said bottton yesterday). The 4 wins above have pushed us into the play off places.

At the moment I don't think we deserve to be in the play offs due to performances, if we don't improve I feel we will drop out.

Supporters think we are better than what we are.

We are a negative team this season where our first idea is to go out and not to lose the game instead of going out to win the game and because of that it's been like watching paint dry. The confidence from last season isn't there, from being on the ball to creating chances.
We won games against Wigan, Birmingham, Blackburn and Forest without playing well. We weren't much better than those 4 teams but managed to win the games. The warnings were there, we aren't playing well enough, the 2 defeats against Brentford and Leeds aren't really surprising.
We are lacking any sort of tempo to our play and our performances are flat.
The players are struggling to do the basics and over the course of the season so far we have had the performances of a mid table team(even though i said bottton yesterday). The 4 wins above have pushed us into the play off places.
At the moment I don't think we deserve to be in the play offs due to performances, if we don't improve I feel we will drop out.
Supporters think we are better than what we are.

Please tell me you see the irony in this part?

Is this the most distant derby in U.K. Football?

New Firm is further. I think Carlisle consider Preston to be their "local" rivals, not sure if that counts though as Preston don't give a shit about Carlisle.

I'd rather not count Carlisle v Preston as I quite like the idea of Dundee United having the closest and furthest local rivals.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Please tell me you see the irony in this part?

Our fans are delusional and think because we are in the play offs it's been a fantastic season, I on the other don't. I say on what I see and I post on here saying that. Tuesday Vs Brentford we had the most chances and could of easily won match if it wasn't for their GK however we deserved to lose match because it wasn't a good performance and Brentford came with a game plan it worked and they took there chances we didn't. 

Archived