Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Speaking of midfield, Fofana looks good at Udinese. Been watching the highlights on YouTube (Serie A does well in that it has an official channel with highlights in Italian and English available pretty soon after each matchday) and the first Fiorentina goal and the SPAL winner were fantastic hits. Anyone know why Frosinone had to play in Torino for their home game v Bologna?

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Anyone know why Frosinone had to play in Torino for their home game v Bologna?

punishment of their ground being closed as a result of numerous indiscretions by the club and fans in the playoff match against palermo; i thought it was mostly because of the post-match pitch invasion, but it turns out that - amongst other things - they're being punished for "the premeditated and organised launch of balloons" :lol:

how many times have you seen players clearly mouthing obscenities during televised games ?

interesting take on things from Italy where Udinese's Rolando Mandragora was "caught" uttering "blasphemous comments" and now awaits a decision from the authorities with regard to punishment (my translation of Tuttomercatoweb.com's report):

Possible bad news for Udinese - Rolando Mandragora now faces trial by TV for swearing. The  Corriere dello Sport explains what happened during the match with Sampdoria. The Neapolitan midfielder, caught by the cameras, allowed himself to come out with a "double blasphemous expression" and, according to article 35 of the CGS, could now be punished. It was not noticed by the referee, so the case goes to the Federal Prosecutor. The decisions of the Sporting Judge will be announced on Monday

not sure what the Italian blasphemy laws might be, but this seems to (potentially) be a bit draconian, to say the least !

Tremendously entertaining game last night, pretty much from kick off.

Roma were abysmal in the first half, midfield and defence all over the place. Atalanta really should have scored a couple more and killed the game. I think they came out thinking it was won already, but Kluivert coming on and the change of shape that brought turned the game on it's head.

Been a while since I regularly watched Italian football but I'll definitely be tuning in again soon.

11 hours ago, Coooombe said:

Atalanta knocked out of Europe to Copenhagen. They should have been out of sight in both legs. Reckon they'll be seriously dangerous in the Serie A now. 

They out-shot them 48-13. No idea how they didn't score, especially in the first leg. Agree that they could have a good season as I already thought they had a nice deep squad. 

Late SCENES as Milan nick the win - an absolutely terrible pass to concede possession deep into injury time for the goal. 

The delay involving VAR is still too long but the system correctly called two very difficult decisions in that game. Milan's disallowed goal could not have been accurately called by a linesman - it would have been a pure guess. 

hafta say that i'm enjoying milan so far this season - higuain looks psychotic, always liked donnarumma - and gattuso is like roy keane on a bad day; it's a bit like the vicarious pleasure of watching car crashes and the like, but they do see to be unsufferably entertaining from one perspective or another

oh - and that 3-0 last december  :lol: