Italian Football Thread

Kris.

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Good decision, imo 💜💜

is the "clear and obvious" stricture no longer in place - can't see how any mistake can be deemed to have been "clear and obvious" if you cannot  then make a definitive call when looking at the VAR footage - hence my comment that it was utter shit - surely the original decision on the pitch (a goal) should stand in that instance ?

ETA please note that i've just come back from Northern Italy - if you disagree with me, I'll immediately despatch spittle-flecked Doritos in your general direction; I know they may not reach you, but ravenous postal workers may not be able to resist a nibble and as they then trudge the streets on their rounds, the global pandemic will be at your very doorstep (or maybe next door...)

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

@Silverton End

goings on in Messina ?

GTF Ultra's turn their back on ACR Messina and resolve to follow FC Messina instead - protest at yet another impending bankruptcy by all accounts ?

To be honest I have only really been following the results of both sides lately, and haven't kept up to date with any shenanigans. The "reborn" FCM which were formerly Citta de Messina seem to be doing better results wise than the ACR "original" club this season.

Another bankruptcy for ACR? Ooft

Wouldn't surprise sadly, it really is all so corrupt. Go bankrupt and amend the club name slightly, redesign a new logo, rinse & repeat.

As for the Ultras changing allegiances, wow, mental. I get that their fans must be well pissed off over the years but...

I wonder what team the fans of ex-club Citta de Messina follow now??? Did they just disappear or stay and cheer on the new FCM club.

The Italian lower leagues are truly nuts

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

To be honest I have only really been following the results of both sides lately, and haven't kept up to date with any shenanigans. The "reborn" FCM which were formerly Citta de Messina seem to be doing better results wise than the ACR "original" club this season.

Another bankruptcy for ACR? Ooft

Wouldn't surprise sadly, it really is all so corrupt. Go bankrupt and amend the club name slightly, redesign a new logo, rinse & repeat.

As for the Ultras changing allegiances, wow, mental. I get that their fans must be well pissed off over the years but...

I wonder what team the fans of ex-club Citta de Messina follow now??? Did they just disappear or stay and cheer on the new FCM club.

The Italian lower leagues are truly nuts

All that's happened with FC Messina is that they've changed names. Admittedly, their new name is somewhat similar to the Messina team in Serie A (FC Messina Peloro) which would bring credence to the supposition that ACR are fucked. No reason why the fans of Citta would change allegiances though.

Your point about the Italian lower leagues is correct, though. That's why I love it so much. Forza sempre Celano.

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

This weekend's Serie A matches due to be played behind closed doors have now been postponed until mid-March.

from a selfish point of view,it means the derby d'italia and el classico no longer clash on sunday night

im struggling to see the logic in some ties being moved and some going ahead,though.napoli and lecces home games still on but against northern teams,as was lazios game.

Edited by highlandcowden

from a selfish point of view,it means the derby d'italia and el classico no longer clash on sunday night
im struggling to see the logic in some ties being moved and some going ahead,though.napoli and lecces home games still on but against northern teams,as was lazios game.

Napoli and Lecce weren't going to have to refund millions of euros worth of ticket sales, Inter were.

15 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Napoli and Lecce weren't going to have to refund millions of euros worth of ticket sales, Inter were.

but that would surely mean theyd be more inclined to let inter go ahead

milans playing at home tomorrow I believe,is it behind closed doors?as I say,seems to be no rhyme or reason to it

but that would surely mean theyd be more inclined to let inter go ahead
milans playing at home tomorrow I believe,is it behind closed doors?as I say,seems to be no rhyme or reason to it

The Inter, Parma, Udinese, etc. games were due to go ahead but behind closed doors due to government edicts. Postponing them means they can be played in front of fans at a later date.

Serie B and lower went ahead with closed doors. Basketball, handball and other sports have postponed their championships in affected regions.

When are the games going to get played? Depending on how Inter do in the Coppa and the Europa League, there cant be many midweek slots available and with the Euros on (presumably) they can't just keep bolting on extra game weeks to the end of the season.

I think if Inter reach the final of the Coppa Italia and semi final of EL then they will be playing weekend/midweek until the end of the league season. Currently no space for the Inter vs Sampdoria game.

Edit: Serie A is due to finish on 24/5, International friendlies seem to start on 26/5 and Italy play on 29/5. Not exactly room to extend the season.

commentator saying at the start of the lecce-atalanta game that the local authorities in lecce very unhappy that this game is going ahead with regard to Atalanta travelling there from the north
I think it's pretty cheeky to try to stop a squad and staff of maybe forty people from travelling when RyanAir are currently flying twice a day from Bergamo to Brindisi without restrictions. Perhaps they were just trying to avoid another classic Gasperini attacking masterclass?

27 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:
commentator saying at the start of the lecce-atalanta game that the local authorities in lecce very unhappy that this game is going ahead with regard to Atalanta travelling there from the north

I think it's pretty cheeky to try to stop a squad and staff of maybe forty people from travelling when RyanAir are currently flying twice a day from Bergamo to Brindisi without restrictions. Perhaps they were just trying to avoid another classic Gasperini attacking masterclass?

think they were also concerned about a travelling support,too,but your point is well made

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

When are the games going to get played? Depending on how Inter do in the Coppa and the Europa League, there cant be many midweek slots available and with the Euros on (presumably) they can't just keep bolting on extra game weeks to the end of the season.

Unclear how.

They're already hoping Inter don't reach both Coppa Italia Final and/or EL SFs, in order to find a date v Sampdoria.

In theory they could play Fri-Mon immediately after international break.

Currently schedule looks like this... with Atalanta-Sassuolo and Inter Milan-Sampdoria still undated:

midweek       Coppa Italia SF 2nd legs (Juventus-AC Milan, Napoli-Inter Milan)
Mar 8th          Serie A #27
midweek       European games (Atalanta, Inter Milan, AS Roma)     + 2x Serie A #25 games postponed from Feb 22nd ... Verona-Cagliari, Torino-Parma
Mar 15th       Serie A #28
midweek       European games (Juventus, Napoli, Inter Milan, AS Roma)     + presumably Atalanta-Sassuolo will be rescheduled here?
Mar 22nd      Serie A #29
midweek       international break
Mar 29th       international break     England v Italy
midweek       international break     Germany v Italy
Apr 5th          Serie A #30
midweek       European games (QFs)
Apr 11th        Serie A #31
midweek       European games (QFs)
Apr 19th        Serie A #32
midweek       Serie A #33
Apr 26th        Serie A #34
midweek       European games (SFs)
May 3rd         Serie A #35
midweek       European games (SFs)
May 10th       Serie A #36
midweek       5x Serie A #26 games postponed from Mar 1st ... Juventus-Inter Milan, Udinese-Fiorentina, AC Milan-Genoa, Parma-SPAL, Sassuolo-Brescia
May 17th       Serie A #37
midweek       Coppa Italia Final (delayed from previous midweek)     + other option for Atalanta-Sassuolo?
May 24th       Serie A #38
midweek       EL Final     + Italy v San Marino
May 31st       CL Final
midweek       Italy v Czech Rep

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 05/03/2020 at 20:00, Mr. Brightside said:

To the surprise of no one Andrea Agnelli confirms his c**t status again.

Jammy Atalanta scraping a 4-1 first leg victory. It takes a true European giant to go Lyon and, er, lose.