Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Como have been doing this for a few years have they not?

They will be a newco in 5 years. Standard in Italy.

Watch Cagliari v Bologna yesterday. Wasn't great but I was a bit conflicted. I've always liked Cagliari (Weird Island teams do it for me) but I have liked following Lewis Ferguson. 

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

I see that Mourinho has been sacked yet again.

Surely no one in the top 5 leagues will be silly enough to touch this complete fraud ever again?

I expect him to end up in Saudi or the MLS

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I expect him to end up in Saudi or the MLS

I reckon Newcastle's owners might take a punt on him soon when they get fed up with Eddie Howe.

On 16/01/2024 at 09:41, Jives Miguel said:

I see that Mourinho has been sacked yet again.

Surely no one in the top 5 leagues will be silly enough to touch this complete fraud ever again?

Fraud?

Pretty impressive palmares imo

• 1 month later...

Atalanta have started firing again since the turn of the year. Five consecutive victories, each by at least two goals, bookended by credible away draws at Roma and Milan. They also knocked Milan out the cup. They're up to 5th now and look likely to soon overtake Bologna into 4th. So the long-predicted downfall of Gasperini's Atalanta still isn't happening and this amazing era for them is continuing. A lament under Gasperini was that he hadn't continued Atalanta's tradition of youth player promotion into their first team. That's changed this season as three of their regular starting line up are youth system products in their early 20s, a higher than average number for an elite team. 

5 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Atalanta have started firing again since the turn of the year. Five consecutive victories, each by at least two goals, bookended by credible away draws at Roma and Milan. They also knocked Milan out the cup. They're up to 5th now and look likely to soon overtake Bologna into 4th. So the long-predicted downfall of Gasperini's Atalanta still isn't happening and this amazing era for them is continuing. A lament under Gasperini was that he hadn't continued Atalanta's tradition of youth player promotion into their first team. That's changed this season as three of their regular starting line up are youth system products in their early 20s, a higher than average number for an elite team. 

Wouldn't be so sure they will go past Bologna as they are grinding out the results themselves.

54 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Wouldn't be so sure they will go past Bologna as they are grinding out the results themselves.

I'd be very happy with that as I like Bologna for obvious reasons. Serie A is likely to gain a fifth Champions League spot for this season which gives both Atalanta and Bologna a bit of security. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2024 at 07:32, jimbaxters said:

You predicted accurately, great win for them away to Atalanta with our man getting the winner. De Rossi has improved Roma so they might actually be the closest challengers to Bologna now rather than Atalanta.

6 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

You predicted accurately, great win for them away to Atalanta with our man getting the winner. De Rossi has improved Roma so they might actually be the closest challengers to Bologna now rather than Atalanta.

I was so chuffed to see them win that, especially after going behind. They have been getting into a good habit of winning games like this. Before this year, Bologna have been the perennial mid table boring team. I saw them get twatted by Inter at the San Siro last season but they are so much better now. Much credit to the Mister for what he has done. The Bolognese fans absolutely love Lewis as well. SSC has to be considering him in the Scotland midfield now.

Parma look like they're heading back to Serie A finally! Just grinding out the points to get over the line at this point. Don't see them letting it slip, now, especially with how inconsistent the sides chasing them are.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/03/2024 at 00:47, Kris. said:

Parma look like they're heading back to Serie A finally! Just grinding out the points to get over the line at this point. Don't see them letting it slip, now, especially with how inconsistent the sides chasing them are.

Yesterday was the perfect game week for Como. Good win whilst Parma and the other contenders all lost. Think Parma still have enough to see them win but it's a right old battle for the second automatic promotion place.

10 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

ITVX Streaming a game live from serie A every Saturday night until the end of the season. 

Starts next week with Monza Vs Bologna.

Tried watching empoli-torino last night,the app didn't work,I was registered&logged in then every time I clicked on watching it it told me to get the app,despite being on the app to be able to click that live feed in the first place, annoying 

Edited by highlandmac

1 hour ago, highlandmac said:

Tried watching empoli-torino last night,the app didn't work,I was registered&logged in then every time I clicked on watching it it told me to get the app,despite being on the app to be able to click that live feed in the first place, annoying 

A promising start 😂