Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

19 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Rumour is the next one is Bully / Canis Canem Edit 2. 

Much as I loved this, I think that's the story of the van der Linde Gang pretty much told*, if an RDR 3 appears in a decade or so I think it would have to be a totally different group and perhaps set further back in time again (civil war era?) 

*I guess loose ends could be mopped up via DLC but as you say the online is the cash cow so sadly I don't see any happening - unless I'm going mental I can't remember any story dlc for gta v. 

Thinking outside the box a bit, but maybe an online only game in the mould of GTAO/RDRO?  To their credit, every time they get a throbbing stauner for microtransaction money, they ally it with a meticulously detailed single player game, but I do wonder what they could produce if they concentrated their entire efforts on an online only world.  

Well the end mission in the epilogue is even better [emoji2]

I’m trying to catch a 19lb fish for Survivalist 9 but have only caught a 16lb Muskie. All the legendary fish are caught and I tried for about an hour to get the catfish and gave up. Any hints?

18 hours ago, Loki said:

Well the end mission in the epilogue is even better emoji2.png

I’m trying to catch a 19lb fish for Survivalist 9 but have only caught a 16lb Muskie. All the legendary fish are caught and I tried for about an hour to get the catfish and gave up. Any hints?

I intend on hammering the rest of it out tonight. 

I caught a 19lb catfish by dumb luck fishing in a river. I have no idea if I done anything special. I just chucked a lure in and that's what popped out. 

42 minutes ago, Fide said:

I can't wait for the soundtrack to come out for this.  D'Angelo's "May I Stand Unshaken" and Rhiannon Giddens' "Mountain Hymn" are incredible.

Playlist already on Spotify if it's of any use to you. 

I wish I didn't get Football Manager so soon after picking this up, really diverted my attention. 

I picked this up last Thursday but I've only sunk ~10 hours in so far. Three missions completed in Chapter 2 but I keep pissing about and doing other things, like shooting fish with a bow or exploring the rest of this fucking massive map (didn't quite believe the scale of it beforehand) or making sure Arthur is kept clean and presentable.

Any tips on things I should check out early on in Chapter 2? I'm afraid of missing things.

Spoiler

I accidentally scared away someone who had a treasure map when I was shooting some deer. I then chased him down and accidentally shot him. His horse bolted and I didn't find the treasure map on his body so I assume he stashed it in the horse's saddlebag. Oops. 

There are 7 missable side missions that count towards 100% single player game completion but you can't lock them out until the end of chapter 4.

I can see by looking at trophy guide I missed one trophy in my playthrough that I'd need to go back to to get that, but I've no interest in the trophies as half of them are for online so I'm not going to bother with that

Spoiler

It was the camp companion one- I could never find the comic or book or whatever folk were asking for

Edited by Fuctifano

7 hours ago, yoda said:

I picked this up last Thursday but I've only sunk ~10 hours in so far. Three missions completed in Chapter 2 but I keep pissing about and doing other things, like shooting fish with a bow or exploring the rest of this fucking massive map (didn't quite believe the scale of it beforehand) or making sure Arthur is kept clean and presentable.

Any tips on things I should check out early on in Chapter 2? I'm afraid of missing things.

Hide contents

I accidentally scared away someone who had a treasure map when I was shooting some deer. I then chased him down and accidentally shot him. His horse bolted and I didn't find the treasure map on his body so I assume he stashed it in the horse's saddlebag. Oops. 

ALWAYS complete any white dot missions on your map before moving on to the yellow dot missions.  The yellow ones are story based and can't be missed, the white ones are generally side quests that can disappear.

I fished a longnose Gar which was over 19lbs on the East Coast above St.Denis, probably in the middle between there and Van Horn.  I was also trying the weapons missions last night and you can cause havoc in Van Horn without ever getting a bounty.  All the towns folk chase you, and try to kill you but there easy enough to take out.

As the final survivalist mission I have to catch one of every species of fish.  I am hoping to get all these challenges done over the weekend and Xmas Eve when I am off.  Just about at 100% completion, but by GAWD it's been a grind :lol:

21 minutes ago, gfrhandyman said:

How did you get on?

I'll spoiler it just in case anyone wants to do it themselves

Spoiler

Nah, you can't get across. There are no bridges like in RDR. There are some islands you can wade across to but if you try to swim further the current is too strong and you drown. Its disappointing as I had plans of turning into a bad b*****d doing a lot of robbing and killing then hiding out in Old Mexico until the heat died down.