Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Been banging on all week about how I'm going to get baws deep in this all Friday night only for my better half to drop the following last night "remember it's my mum's birthday tomorrow, we need to go round there". 

I can only assume she never heard me the 100 times I've mentioned it this week and completely forgot to remind me.  

RbgYhzI.gif

Fucking women don't understand.

anyone know why the BBC are pushing this so hard - was all over the news yesterday, their website, and now on R6M - do they have a vested interest in Rockstar or sthg ???

Do they no have offices in Edinburgh or Dundee or something like that? I’m sure there was the same when the last GTA was released.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I'm sure the BBC did a biopic of some guy who works/worked for Rockstar.

yeah - and there was a piece about how much the games industry contributes to the economy too (particularly in scotland), but it just seems odd that they are handing out an awful lot of what amounts to free advertising; no problem with that whatsoever, just struck me as a bit strange - particularly as BBC news is so invidious and agenda-driven most of the time...

45 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

The Mother in laws getting me this for a Xmas present. Looking forward to reading all about it here.
Having never played RDR original, I'm not quite at excitement levels shown here yet.

Well worth getting the original to play through mate, an incredible game. 

44 minutes ago, deldad7 said:

Do they no have offices in Edinburgh or Dundee or something like that? I’m sure there was the same when the last GTA was released.

Yeah Rockstar North. 

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
44 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:
60.1% installation...

Is this you waiting to use network features? Mine installed pretty quickly but that was just for the story.

Needed an update once I installed it and that's seemingly slower than the installation!

I'm considering activating my free 7 day trial for psNow (I think its called??) As they've got the original on that. Is it worth having a rake around the original in preparation for this new one?
100%

I played it the whole way through very recently and it has stood the test of time. I'd consider it my all time favourite game.

I never played much of the first game. If I take the 7 day free PS plus on the store and download the first game, how long would It take to complete the basic game and not 100% and trophies etc?

60 hours apparently.

Never fully read your post. I thought you meant the new one. It says around 18 hours for RDR. It was ages ago I played it so can't recall how long it took me.