Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

One other thing I've noticed is how much you need to feed yourself / your horse to stay at average weight, I got to  underweight then started pumping myself full of chocolate and candies  [emoji38]
Couple of things the game hasn't explained and I don't want to google it in case I stray across spoilers- sometimes when you set up camp you get the option to set up a tent- what difference does that make- and does leaving your camp without tearing it down have any detrimental effect? Or is it just that you can't have multiple camps?
If you pitch a tent it might allow to you sleep rather than just cook?

I walked away from my fire without putting it out. Never noticed any effect.

What do folk do with their skins? I skinned a bear then killed a deer but couldn't take the deer skin because the beer was on my horse. Bit of a shitter.
Sell them to butchers.

I spent an hour last night just setting way points then using cinematic mode to travel there. Had to intervene a couple of times when I got jumped by some bandits then a frigging bear.

Haven’t really been into playing games for a few years now, but I’m very tempted to get a new Xbox just for this, RDR is probably my favourite game of all time. Might just get the cheaper Xbox S, rather than an X. Is there a massive noticeable difference? Or even a PS4?

Edited by Staggie_93

If you pitch a tent it might allow to you sleep rather than just cook?

I walked away from my fire without putting it out. Never noticed any effect.
Nah, tent/no tent I've been able to sleep at a camp. Maybe the tent provides some protection from rain or snow?

Haven’t really been into playing games for a few years now, but I’m very tempted to get a new Xbox just for this, RDR is probably my favourite game of all time. Might just get the cheaper Xbox S, rather than an X. Is there a massive noticeable difference? Or even a PS4?
It'll look incredible on whatever console really. My suggestion would be to have a look at exclusive games and whatever ones you fancy most then buy that console.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

It'll look incredible on whatever console really. My suggestion would be to have a look at exclusive games and whatever ones you fancy most then buy that console.

Cheers. Think I’ll go for an S, hell of a price difference.

Riding around and saw a saddled horse standing in the middle of nowhere. I approached it and saw a guy standing right behind the horse get booted. Blood everywhere, the horse scarpered and I looted the body. It was fucking hilarious.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Riding around and saw a saddled horse standing in the middle of nowhere. I approached it and saw a guy standing right behind the horse get booted. Blood everywhere, the horse scarpered and I looted the body. It was fucking hilarious.

Aye my wife and daughter were in the room when that happened.  My daughter told me off for looting the body, which was smoothed over somewhat by my wife telling her that "that's what cowboys would have actually done". :lol:

Somehow I don’t think the games story is actually the reported 60 hours long. I’ve played about 2/3 hours. Done a reasonable bit of exploring and it says I’m 15% complete.

The first part where you can't do what you want takes up like 8 percent or something. I'm on 24 percent and done a fair whack of story missions now.