Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What/who's the fence?

Yeah I literally just spotted the bounty hunting right after I posted emoji38.png

Bounty hunting and such so far. I have met the fence, it's the guy who you stole a stage coach of his cousin. Not sold him anything yet.

What/who's the fence?

Yeah I literally just spotted the bounty hunting right after I posted [emoji38]
Fences are people who'll buy stuff, especially valuables, no questions asked! You'll find them in towns like Saint Denis

Fences are people who'll buy stuff, especially valuables, no questions asked! You'll find them in towns like Saint Denis
I'm never going back there! The only time I've been there I whistled for my horse but wee Bert was out of range and my waypoint was miles away. So I thought I'd borrow a horse. Christ, the shit storm that kicked up! Two arseholes ran away claiming I had stolen the horse so I chased after them on foot but never got to them on time. So the polis were after me. I'm running around like something from Assassins Creed, trying to climb buildings to get the hell away. I eventually get to an open field but my weapon needs cleaned so it's taking an age to fire. I end up getting wiped out. I respawn with Bert by my side, but my wanted level is still the same. So I hop and try and flee but again they're after me and again I'm clueless as to where I'm going. Taking heavy fire I jump off wee Bert because he doesn't deserve this trouble but before I tell him to flee they kill him the inhumane b*****ds. So I'm down giving him the kiss of life because I've invested in him and don't want to lose him and his humongous clackerbag so early on. All the while I'm getting pelted. I finally revive him and then get killed myself. Thankfully I'm respawned a wee bit further out the next time and make my escape.

Thinking about it, it was that wee arsehole's fault because he wouldn't heel. I should have just left him to die.

I fooking love this game though [emoji3]

Away from the annoying humour, this video pretty much sums up what I've found really frustrating with the game so far (albeit I've not played too much of it and am still mostly having a good time):

I think he should stick to shoot 'em ups!

There's room for "fun" games and "realistic" games in this industry. Things like Fortnite and Mario Kart are fun but sometimes there's nothing better than an immersive game and the detail adds to it.

I think he should stick to shoot 'em ups!

There's room for "fun" games and "realistic" games in this industry. Things like Fortnite and Mario Kart are fun but sometimes there's nothing better than an immersive game and the detail adds to it.
I find some of the details tedious rather than immersive.

I'm hugely enjoying this, but the health/core thing is annoying.  Also some of the controls are a bit fiddly.  I've accidentally shot a woman on the face when I was trying to talk to her.  That didn't end well for me. 
I agree with the controls being a bit fiddly, in particular trying to change weapons/access items etc can be a pain in the arse and I reckon that aspect could be better.

That's pretty much all I have to complain about. It took a few sessions for me to get into it but I'm properly enjoying it now. Going to spend tonight hunting and doing some bounty work to build up some cash and pay off my own bounty. Where's the best place to sell pelts and a carcass? By the time I get to the butcher the meat and pelt is in poor condition and I get peanuts.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree with the controls being a bit fiddly, in particular trying to change weapons/access items etc can be a pain in the arse and I reckon that aspect could be better.

That's pretty much all I have to complain about. It took a few sessions for me to get into it but I'm properly enjoying it now. Going to spend tonight hunting and doing some bounty work to build up some cash and pay off my own bounty. Where's the best place to sell pelts and a carcass? By the time I get to the butcher the meat and pelt is in poor condition and I get peanuts.

After you do the mission with Hosea "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego", you can start selling pelts to the trapper, I think.

Am I right in thinking that the only time it's worth taking a carcass back to camp is when you're donating it for provisions ?

If you're having it for yourself just skin it and keep the parts, pretty sure pelts don't decompose. If the pelt is in poor condition it's because it wasn't a clean kill eg you had to use multiple arrows or used too powerful a weapon.

Agree about the controls being a touch fiddly, haven't shot anyone by accident yet but have drawn a gun a couple of times which had consequences and also ran over random event folk with my horse.

I was getting sick of carting one dead deer at a time to the butcher in Strawberry so thought I'd 'borrow' a horse and cart.

I'd just sat down and the entire town went nuts. The Law intervened fairly quickly and I decided to surrender rather than cause an incident. Cost me a night in the slammer and $30. Next time I'll be shooting anyone that moves.

Am I right in thinking that the only time it's worth taking a carcass back to camp is when you're donating it for provisions ?
If you're having it for yourself just skin it and keep the parts, pretty sure pelts don't decompose. If the pelt is in poor condition it's because it wasn't a clean kill eg you had to use multiple arrows or used too powerful a weapon.
Agree about the controls being a touch fiddly, haven't shot anyone by accident yet but have drawn a gun a couple of times which had consequences and also ran over random event folk with my horse.
Makes sense. I thought the pelt had somehow become poor through being stored on my horse for about 2 days before I sold it.

I think the issue with the controls I'm having is that L 2 is both the button to open the "conversation" options if you've not got a weapon drawn, and also the button to point your weapon if it is. This has led to me pointing guns at folk I didn't mean to, and also fannying about trying to draw a weapon when folk start shooting at me. 

Has anyone tried an alternative control set option? 

Edited by Fuctifano

11 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I think the issue with the controls I'm having is that L 2 is both the button to open the "conversation" options if you've not got a weapon drawn, and also the button to point your weapon if it is. This has led to me pointing guns at folk I didn't mean to, and also fannying about trying to draw a weapon when folk start shooting at me. 

Yeah this is the only one that causes me issues, the other night I helped someone stuck in a bear trap, then aimed a gun at their head. So my work being a nice guy was quickly undermined. 

I was up in Strawberry and I see a couple of people peering through a window. They scarper and it gives me an option to look through it. So I do it. You see a drunken woman fall asleep and a drunken man trying to f**k her. But he’s so fucked he face plants himself off the bed into a dresser. [emoji23]

It was well worth my infamous meter going up.

Anyone had massive chunks of "karma" bring given and taken? I helped out some old codger, found out he was a slave owner, had my gun point at him but decided to walk away and leave him destitute, which resulted in me getting a massive amount of good karma and took me pretty much back to an evil keel. I then killed some lawmen that were about to shoot some prisoners, and lost a massive chunk. Seems quite arbitrary how much you get at a given time.