Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I think the issue with the controls I'm having is that L 2 is both the button to open the "conversation" options if you've not got a weapon drawn, and also the button to point your weapon if it is. This has led to me pointing guns at folk I didn't mean to, and also fannying about trying to draw a weapon when folk start shooting at me. 
Has anyone tried an alternative control set option? 
Yeah this is the only one that causes me issues, the other night I helped someone stuck in a bear trap, then aimed a gun at their head. So my work being a nice guy was quickly undermined. 
It's L2 then R2 to draw your weapon is it not? At least it is on mine. I've not had that problem so far. Getting used to pressing L2 and R2 to draw is taking a bit of getting used to though.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's L2 then R2 to draw your weapon is it not? At least it is on mine. I've not had that problem so far. Getting used to pressing L2 and R2 to draw is taking a bit of getting used to though.

If your weapon is already out (Kenneth Williams pic) then L2 will aim. I tend to use L1 and the weapon wheel to draw a gun, especially if started upon suddenly due to the slowdown of the game while the weapon wheel is open. 

Went with Keiran to get Colm O Driscoll and picked up the shotgun in his cabin which meant dumping my carbine.  Is there anyway to move a gun from myself to my horse to allow me to pick up the shotgun without having to drop my carbine?  Got pummelled by either a group of lawmen or bounty hunters while I was trying to figure it out.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

What/who's the fence?

Yeah I literally just spotted the bounty hunting right after I posted [emoji38]

There's one at emerald ranch. You'll probably have about 150 quid worth minimum of stuff you've collected/looted, rings/watches/pens etc, you can sell to them

Went after that legendary bear earlier, managed to track it down, starts charging at me and I'm trying to fire my gun at it and just f**k all happens. Thing finally pounces on me and the only option I seem to have is my shitey knife. Safe to say I was dead within seconds. Before I got close enough for it to charge I made sure I had my gun ready etc and just hee haw happened.

Been back trying to track it down and can't seem to pick anything up. Can't see me doing much else until I get revenge.

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Went with Keiran to get Colm O Driscoll and picked up the shotgun in his cabin which meant dumping my carbine.  Is there anyway to move a gun from myself to my horse to allow me to pick up the shotgun without having to drop my carbine?  Got pummelled by either a group of lawmen or bounty hunters while I was trying to figure it out.

Once you've picked up a gun it *should* be available on your horse even if you dropped it. Not sure if that's true for the special weapons though.

POTENTIAL STORYLINE SPOILER - I DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY.........SIDE MISSION!!!

I'm really sorry if this is a potential spoiler but has anyone else came across someone talking about treasure maps and gold?  If so, has anyone been able to locate the first thing you need to look for?

I managed to find this last night and was so proud of myself.  Took me an hour looking around a certain part of the map.

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

POTENTIAL STORYLINE SPOILER - I DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY.........SIDE MISSION!!!

I'm really sorry if this is a potential spoiler but has anyone else came across someone talking about treasure maps and gold?  If so, has anyone been able to locate the first thing you need to look for?

I managed to find this last night and was so proud of myself.  Took me an hour looking around a certain part of the map.

Too much information! Deleted.

Edited by Johnstoun

11 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Went after that legendary bear earlier, managed to track it down, starts charging at me and I'm trying to fire my gun at it and just f**k all happens. Thing finally pounces on me and the only option I seem to have is my shitey knife. Safe to say I was dead within seconds. Before I got close enough for it to charge I made sure I had my gun ready etc and just hee haw happened.

Been back trying to track it down and can't seem to pick anything up. Can't see me doing much else until I get revenge.

I killed it with my knife :P

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
I killed it with my knife emoji14.png

I went into a sheer panic when the gun wasn't firing and just started mashing the buttons. I shall compose myself and go after it again tonight.

I managed to empty my revolver into it's head before it charged me, I dunno if that made any difference or not.

12 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I had similar, although I managed to take him down.  Went tracking and shot him a couple of times, but the fucker just kept coming.  He tossed me about a bit and then pinned me down, but managed to get 4 or 5 completely blind shots off as he swung.  Took him out despite not seeing what the f**k I was doing.

Actually surprised at how few bugs are noticeable on this.  You'd think with such a sprawling game there'd be loads (Hiya Bethesda...) but the only questionable one I've seen are people sometimes not reacting to certain crimes.  I was on one of my usual chain of 10 witnesses to try and clean up, and had it down to one passenger of a wagon who was trying to flee.  Managed to get her to stop, then pressed the wrong button and robbed her...just as someone rode past.  He didn't see much of a problem with it though, and rode on. 

Still chased him down and killed him though.  No.  Witnesses.

Have been meaning to post for a while, but the mission you go boozing with Lenny is absolutely fantastic. 

I haven't actually gone about trying to hunt anything yet, but will go and have a look for the bear at some stage over the next few evenings.