League Cup Highlights thread

itzdrk

What was said is that highlights can be shown on clubs' official YouTube channel as it is an official partner of the Spfl but Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter & I suppose P&B are not allowed as they are not partners of the Spfl

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LiamA said:

What was said is that highlights can be shown on clubs' official YouTube channel as it is an official partner of the Spfl but Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter & I suppose P&B are not allowed as they are not partners of the Spfl

I guess these are being shown on YouTube though as that's where they are hosted, and that's who gets the views from them. The other sites all host video, but P&B doesn't so it should be fine.

As the creator of Stranraers tv channel over the years the rules change every year. Every season the clubs get media guidelines, logos that they must incorporate in their footage.
You must have in your highlights... Match Footage is copyright of the spfl reproduced by permission. Which means they can only be used on your site I would think. Time restrictions apply and length of footage however i dont know the rules now as i have passed the video editing over to another couple of guys in last year or so.
I still find it bizarre there is very little tv footage of the lower leagues yet over 20 years ago there was more on Scotsport.
The youtube channel is great as youtube does alot of formatting for you and the games can be watched on your own tv, laptop, tablet, mobile etc using the Youtube App.

5 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

As the creator of Stranraers tv channel over the years the rules change every year. Every season the clubs get media guidelines, logos that they must incorporate in their footage.
You must have in your highlights... Match Footage is copyright of the spfl reproduced by permission. Which means they can only be used on your site I would think. Time restrictions apply and length of footage however i dont know the rules now as i have passed the video editing over to another couple of guys in last year or so.
I still find it bizarre there is very little tv footage of the lower leagues yet over 20 years ago there was more on Scotsport.
The youtube channel is great as youtube does alot of formatting for you and the games can be watched on your own tv, laptop, tablet, mobile etc using the Youtube App.

That's Scottish Football for you..

The Highland League Cup final was shown live on Grampian TV in the 1990s, now theres no trace of it on youtube.

15 hours ago, LiamA said:

Nonsense. Anyone can post highlights wherever they like, using whatever platform they like. I don't understand why you are getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

17 hours ago, LiamA said:

Hate to be a party pooper but clubs could be in serious doodoo for allowing highlights on social media. We got a letter from Spfl warning against posting anywhere but official sites.

They're quite right to be wary of videos coming out of Methil.

48 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The defending for our second goal and the sheer stupidity of Grant Gallagher need to be seen to be believed in this

Oh yeah, the new art of completely standing off the attacker in your own box.. Seen that a few times over the years unfortunately :o 

east fife looked decent again going by the highlights. Ps you're no afraid of having a shot fae range are ya, knowing our luck every one of your attempts will hit the top bin on Saturday :lol:

24 minutes ago, Blue_e'hm_A_Dee said:

Oh yeah, the new art of completely standing off the attacker in your own box.. Seen that a few times over the years unfortunately :o 

east fife looked decent again going by the highlights. Ps you're no afraid of having a shot fae range are ya, knowing our luck every one of your attempts will hit the top bin on Saturday :lol:

I liked the backing into your own goalkeeper part from Docherty :lol:

It's not that we like a shot from range, it's just that they are the only shots we managed to have :(

15 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Moff is a frustrating b*****d. Has some horror misses but is such a gifted player in other respects. Quite old school and top drawer in terms of ability to kill the ball so easily and casually lay off perfect passes (such as teeing up Geggan for his goal) yet so often his shooting is comical. Would love to see him get a few league goals early in the season to see if it boosts his confidence.  

Great thread, thanks to all for putting them up.  

Would be good for next season if BT did a half hour show with all the goals in the competition from that week.  No pundits, no chat, just action.  Could even use the footage from clubs' own videos if they won't send cameras to all grounds.

Archived