Aberdeen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

3 people have died during a disturbance in Tillydrone,  Aberdeen.

Tillydrone is not one of the better areas of Aberdeen.

I would say this.

Says online that a guy stabbed 2 people and then jumped out of the balcony.  Tillydrone isn't an area I've really been in often in my 9 years in Aberdeen but last time I drove through it there was police all over the place. Will avoid!

The pub in the middle of Tillydrone has the word Broadsword above the door,

Some mistakenly believe this is the name of the pub,

It is in fact the minimum advisory personal armament to enter the premises.

The heat? Summer holidays and kids getting under the feet? A very localised terror attack? First Lincoln, now Aberdeen - it's like a brutal version of the ice bucket challenge. Top two family members and then yourself. 

My first visit to Tillydrone was to check out a flat for rent with a couple of pals once we moved out of student halls for our second year at university. The property seemed decent enough, close to the university for studies so we thought about going for it. That evening there was a story on STV about a murder in Aberdeen and they showed some footage of where the incident took place. Turned out to be the house right next to the one we looked at so we decided not to pursue our interest for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, DJM1903 said:

Tilly is probably the second worst area of the city, full of junkies and Poles! Not somewhere you want to be walking around, in daytime or night! 

What's the worst area of Aberdeen?

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Torry only got bad after the large influx of eastern europeans, I felt it lost it's sense of community. 

Worse place in Aberdeen is probably Sandilands or Manor?

Funnily enough the guy they interviewed on Clyde 1 was Eastern Europeany sounding.

37 minutes ago, DJM1903 said:

Tilly is probably the second worst area of the city, full of junkies and Poles! Not somewhere you want to be walking around, in daytime or night! 

Are you some sort of dreadful racist?

Archived