The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

It wasn't a direct wind behind the team attaching the shed end your right but it swung the ball to the corner at the entrance every time it was in the air.
Wishaw looked so dangerous on the counter today and st rochs looked so poor in possession it was unbelievable the comeback actually happened. Huge penalty miss.
Thought the referee unfairly took it tight also!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope it's not a strong word and I was talking about the play on the pitch, the Roch over powered you in the second half and didn't give you much time in the ball. I noticed you didn't pull me up for my first half synopsis [emoji849]

I would certainly agree mate that the you's had the vast majority of the ball second half and us hitting you on the break but I think that was always going to happen given the score at the break! I thought you's huffed and puffed in the second half up until you's got the first goal and that certainly gave you's a jag that you were looking for! I think we will agree to disagree on the overpowered bit! Listen though fantastic comeback from you's and it's one I would be proud of our boys to do! Could be a big big point in the grand scheme of things come the end of the season! Extremely sore one for us to take that's for sure but we have yourselves and Larkhall still to play so we could potentially have a big say who gets promoted albeit it wish I was us going for it!

It's Easter morning and I am Eggshausted. The older I get the football I love impacts me more and more. I have gone through a turbulent relationship with football which has been obsession, love, perhaps hate is too strong... try apathy, and back to love. It is now bordering on irritability. I see what football can give and the rewards that await at all levels, be those financial, emotional or social. I get frustrated at football now in the same way as a noisy eater clunking their cutlery on a bowl or a sniffling non sneezer on a train or someone slurping tea, crunching apples or the worst ever, crunching crisps in the cinema. I can feel my angst rise even now. Whilst this misophonic affliction is recognised I am thinking of trademarking a footballing equivalent. You know, when players misbehave and make silly decisions and argue and don't defend properly and can't pass and mis-control and scream and shout and look ridiculous. It is the feeling you get, not when it can't be helped and the players have no sense no ability and no skill, but when you know this is simply a case of laziness, lack of common sense and an abandonment (for whatever reason) of all that makes us good players and a good team. I have decided that I have a condition called "Gonnaefknsortyersellsootaphonia". "Gonnae" for short.... not to be confused with Gonorrhea... although both can feel like a kick in the bollox and leave you wondering why you ever bothered and debating your sanity and whether you should put yourself through it again. Good news is there are two courses of treatment. Decide that you are not going to become infected again and accept that the triggers for Gonnae are gonnae happen so be prepared, expect it and don't fall into the Phonia stage where you release blood curdling cries of"Naaawwwwww" "Whit ur yay dae'n??" or when it really infects you "furfksake" often accompanied by irrational hand and head movement, sweating and weight transfer from one foot to another. It is amazing how quickly this condition can be passed on. The second is removal from all triggers and go watch Celtic stroll it or go watch a team that you have no emotional tie with. On doctors advice (My 10 year old daughter, left frozen outside whilst I was harangued by the Wishae Secretary after the game outside) I need to calm down a bit. "Why do you go to football if it gets you so wound up dad??" TINA... There Is No Alternative... option 1 doctor... I'm still going but I need to calm down.. From the mouths of babes...

This was the most ill disciplined 45 I've seen since the battle of Jeanfield with Fauldhouse when the army of King Davie Cowan faced a buccaneering army from ower that fkn bridge and collected 6 red cards in one game ultimately ending in defeat. At times I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing as chaos arose from the mediocrity of the opening exchanges, both teams trying with difficulty to play, big Bee and Logie had attempts and we we huffing and puffing, Wishae looking more composed on the ball and hungrier for it. At that stage the Gonnae was under control but then the football equivalent of that slurping tea drinker became audible and then visual. I can't really say what happened and why it escalated so quickly. That's not true, I saw it so can describe it but I don't know why. I don't know why players take up the wrong starting positions, so far away from good that the line looks like a dug's back leg. I don't know why players lose their common sense and let loose. I don't know why players suddenly develop a touch like an elephant and pass like the Centre Midfielder from Detroit Mow Town FC, the lad Wonder. Of course you can accept bad performances but everything seemed to gather and swirl and by the end of the first half we were 3 down with gaffer red carded and a Tornado of Tosh, a Hurricane of Hopelessness and a Gale of Guff blowing around JMcG. I haven't seen a shocking first half like that for a long long long time and it wasn't nice to watch. This was definitely the Candy understudy performing the first half of this Pantomime. We were 3 down, the ref was getting pelters (although I think he was severely hampered by no linesmen who could perhaps have assisted him with the various fires breaking out all over the pitch, often at the same time). I trudges back to the club house on 45 in a mental haze and through the drizzle and chill winds. Past the CandyMan to cries of "Git that Elvis tae fk" as the lads were looking for some changes and even The King wasn't safe. There were changes and 4 never re-emerged. 3 subbed and the gaffer. We changed formation and went a sort of 343. The subs did well when they came on but it was more a case of stop the rot and the game became pressed in their half without it bothering the big Wishaw 4 and 5 and their 6 and 8 still handling midfield and the wee 10 and 11 looking sharp. Indeed with 20 to go the wee lad was snapped in the Candy box by a tackle so late most of us missed it.. the ref didnae. I had a severe Gonnae attack. Before the lad kicked it I said to the lads "we need an Easter

Miracle" and as big Starkie saved the well struck bottom corner bounder I said "has he just rolled away the boulder?"..... we needed something and devine intervention was as good a thing as any to hope for. I was amazed when our prayers were answered.....

Kieron Daw knicked one via a deflection then a rebound fell to Steph McD who augmented a decent sub appearance with a goal and so with roles reversed, the Wishae lads were in the Candy GPO trying to hold out but like the Easter Rising of 1916, they never quite made it. Whilst P H Pearse and the rest dug through the walls of Moore Street but ultimately lost, we dug out a 90th minute equaliser for a draw. Would Pearse have taken a draw for the cause at that stage?? I know I and the Candy fans were delighted with a point. Even then there was time for 2 more red cards as we had a free kick wide right chance to win it courtesy of the big 5's indiscretion and then The Equaliser Kieron Martin getting a red for the penalty box scuffles and tooings and froings. The shattered ref blew a greatful whistle and handshakes abounded and Candy fans smiled. The fans' last call for the players to gather under their flag and pledge themselves to the cause answered. I smiled and clapped the lads off too but the Gonnae was siting like a bad taste in the mouth.....

The fallout for the Candy and how this performance affects us is still to be seen. I know how it affected me though. It is the highs and lows of following a team at this level. A level where you see things clearer and more heightened. You know because you can see and hear and feel. Sometimes what you see isn't pretty to the eye, sometimes what you hear isn't a sweet melody to the ear, and sometimes you feel the Gonnae. A second half Easter rising for sure and I for one will always remember I was there. This wasn't a rollercoaster it was more a Mount Everest and Mariana Trench type game. It isn't easy being a Candy fan, especially when you know, eventually at some point, despite the fact you know it is coming and you do all you can to avoid it, that the Gonnae is Gonnae Get you. I'll take the medicine and move on. Abstinence is not an option although Absinthe might be.... I'm going to block out the bad and soak up the good. I am going to try anyway Doctor Gemma.

I asked the wee Centre Midfielder from Detroit Mow Town FC for his thoughts on the Candy and did he see the comeback happening with 20 to go? He said "Naw ah didnae but isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful?? She is definitely made from love." Sometimes even when I can't see it, it is still blindingly obvious.

Mon the Candy!

MTC

DARE TO DREAM ( Any dream will do )

I awoke to a beautiful Easter morning convinced that the candy would collect all 3 pts in the quest for there promotion dream.

I arrived at the bus stop in the east end capital of an-*****h-sear ( the aptly name for this day Easterhouse for those unfamiliar with its Gaelic name [emoji23] ) with a hold-all of flags and a few minutes to spare before my carriage to the footballing stadium of dreams in the fabled garngad.

Frozen angry and slightly peeved a tired old carriage comes puffing into the depot ready to take me to my field of dreams

I arrive disheaveled and slightly peeved as I joined my terrace buddy for the only game in town that matters

My field of dreams has became a field of nightmares and I say to my terrace buddy " I should have stayed in the effing house whatever could go wrong today has went wrong ".

Kieran Martin sticks the nut on a beautiful cross and guilds it beautifully into the bottom of the net

Cue bedlam relief joy and the realisation that the dream is still alive .

So as I leave the ground to handshakes all round and making some arrangements for the big cup tie next week I remember why football is such a beautiful game and the emotions that those 90 mins can't be matched anywhere else

I leave my friends on the dance floor after a fantastic surprise 40th for a close friend and say my fond farewells and head home .

on my return I stumble into my bed and before I join the land of dreams I have a flashback of Kieran martins header and the joy it brought and instantly my thoughts turn to pollok away and the dream of a famous cup shock in Glasgow's south side.

I am just back from the Candy Easter Party at the Park with my daughter. A huge thank you and well done to the committee and the volunteers who provided disco, face painting, bouncy castles, football coaching, penalty shoot out goals, arts and crafts, free MrWhippy Ice cream machine, bottled water and juice, crisps, sweets, candy floss, party games and a medal and Easter egg for all kids. One kid also won a wii console and games. There was also free tea and coffee and biscuits for the adults.
Too often football gets a bad name but when a club steps up and does stuff like that it deserves praise, applause and recognition. I would say this for any club, but when it is my club it warms the soul on this cold drizzley day. Happy Easter.
Mon the Candy!
MTC [emoji509][emoji966][emoji517][emoji460]️[emoji477]️[emoji172]

Regarding on field discipline, you'd be laughed out of Shawlands quicker than a 57 bus if you go that route next week.

Not much point making fancy dan videos telling the troops on the terracing to "keep the heid" and then the players and manager go and lose it.

Maybe Scott could interview Kinky on using your nut "on the park".

From my vantage point it did look like the wishaw player did make contact on the gaffer with his head and Kieran was very unlucky to receive a second yellow card as it was a natural reaction to absolutely disgraceful tackle on a saint rochs team mate ironically from a player who spent the entire match questioning every tackle made by a candy man with the shout " is that acceptable ref "

Well I can tell you now the tackle he made was certainly not acceptable and imo it was snide and cowardly

Next 4 games
22nd April - POLLOK ( A )
24th April - LESMAHAGOW ( A )
26th April - NEILSTON ( H )
29th April - JOHNSTONE B ( A )

9 points and a cup final place. I've had worse weeks.....
MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

What I mean is if Larky and the Candy keep on winning their games Larkys final 2 games are St Rochs and the Gow I don't know what order yet

Think either 1 of you will go up with camby.. mibbi depending on the result of the game against each other will determine the fate.

I am away on the 6th May and am gutted as it looks like the Larkhall decider might be that weekend. That is if both teams keep winning losing or drawing together. On a selfish note I hope the 4 fixtures are pivotal and they lose and we win and are up. The thought did cross my mind (only for a second) that I would actually even prefer to have missed out by then so I don't miss the decider... but then I booted myself in the bollox and told myself to get a bloody grip. Love can make you think silly thoughts.......

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks I think we have done fantastic to be fighting on 2 fronts at the end of April. Huge credit to the gaffer, his staff and the players. Not forgetting the Crazy Candy Crew fans who have carried the team over the line at times this year. Glorious Failure however is not a palatable medicine to swallow... one big push now... breathe.... on the next contraction push... it's nearly there... I can see the head.... unfortunately it could be the turtle's head as I fear some might be crapping themselves. We shouldn't be. We have proven we can beat anyone on our day and now is the time for brave men to stand up, demand the ball, fight the smart fight and give your all. When you succeed you will tell this story for the rest of your life... and if you don't, then I will do it for you.

Mon the Candy!

I am away on the 6th May and am gutted as it looks like the Larkhall decider might be that weekend. That is if both teams keep winning losing or drawing together. On a selfish note I hope the 4 fixtures are pivotal and they lose and we win and are up. The thought did cross my mind (only for a second) that I would actually even prefer to have missed out by then so I don't miss the decider... but then I booted myself in the bollox and told myself to get a bloody grip. Love can make you think silly thoughts.......
Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks I think we have done fantastic to be fighting on 2 fronts at the end of April. Huge credit to the gaffer, his staff and the players. Not forgetting the Crazy Candy Crew fans who have carried the team over the line at times this year. Glorious Failure however is not a palatable medicine to swallow... one big push now... breathe.... on the next contraction push... it's nearly there... I can see the head.... unfortunately it could be the turtle's head as I fear some might be crapping themselves. We shouldn't be. We have proven we can beat anyone on our day and now is the time for brave men to stand up, demand the ball, fight the smart fight and give your all. When you succeed you will tell this story for the rest of your life... and if you don't, then I will do it for you.
Mon the Candy!

[emoji217]head! ????????????

Archived