The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read that Scott burns is a holding midfielder it does seem to be we are top heavy in that department
Delighted Steven will be back in time for the run in as he has been a fantastic addition to the team

Dom Febers has been injured for a fair bit (since Cambuslang maybe)
Steven Logan has picked up the recent injury.
Jason McCormick will drop back to a choice for defence you'd imagine with Dom McLaren leaving.

So thats Burns, Sweeney and Logan (an maybe Febers) pushing for 1 or 2 places (depending on formation).
Sounds fine to me.

Ps I don't know about Steven Logan's injury, it was just my supposition from Saturday.

I think the gaffer will put Bryson in the middle of defence and either skip or Danny will return leaving Jason Scott Dom Dow sweeney and Logan challenging for 2 places
Would like to see the gaffer bring in an natural attacking midfielder as with the except of rab I don't think we get enough goals from midfield

I spoke to Danny on Saturday and I think he is out for the season. Bryson to CH and skip to right back would be my shout. Although if carter is missing too.....??? Does anyone think John Sweeney could end up a centre half? He reads the game well enough......We can't afford any more injuries or suspensions though. Promotion has to be the priority over cups but I think you need to go full pelt every game, league or cup. It gets you into good habits. If we can get the injured lads back and keep the full squad plus the new additions fit then I think we can do it. It should keep the lads on their toes and give the gaffer some options....at this stage of the season that has to be good news. A big couple of months coming up..... On a selfish note I hope it goes down to the wire as I'm away on the 6th May!!! [emoji23]
MTC![emoji172][emoji106]

I spoke to Danny on Saturday and I think he is out for the season. Bryson to CH and skip to right back would be my shout. Although if carter is missing too.....??? Does anyone think John Sweeney could end up a centre half? He reads the game well enough......We can't afford any more injuries or suspensions though. Promotion has to be the priority over cups but I think you need to go full pelt every game, league or cup. It gets you into good habits. If we can get the injured lads back and keep the full squad plus the new additions fit then I think we can do it. It should keep the lads on their toes and give the gaffer some options....at this stage of the season that has to be good news. A big couple of months coming up..... On a selfish note I hope it goes down to the wire as I'm away on the 6th May!!! [emoji23]
MTC![emoji172][emoji106]

It probably will go down to the wire with the mid week games coming up the Camby will be taking in some of these as to see who will drop points

I think your absolutely spot on kinky about john sweeney going to centre half my only concern would be his lack of height but like you say he is a clever footballer with a good brain and understanding of the game in front of him .
I also wholeheartedly agree with your point on whether it's the league or the cup winning games breeds a winning mentality and tbh I thing the pressure must be there because successful teams handle the pressure and the occasion and winning and pressure go hand in hand

I would be very happy to see skip back in the team
He is as honest as the day the is long and he admitted himself he had gone off the boil but when the run in starts you know you trust skip to give everything he has in his tank and you know he is desperate to be part of it so while we will miss big Dom it gives others the chance to cement there place in the run in

I think JS could fit in there alongside Johnny Carter but then you lose what he brings to the midfield. I think we have been at our best when he sits as a holding midfielder and the 2 Kieron's and Rab buzz about. Skip was torture at ThorneyWid away by his own admission and since Handsome Halsam went back there he has played well, if you ignore his goal line dribbling on Saturday!! I nearly ran on and kicked him and the ball out for a corner.... I know skip wants back in and he will give you 100%. Tonne fair to the lads they have all given 100% and bar a few huffy hissy fits you can't question their commitment. That says a lot for the gaffer though when the lads are all fighting. Just need to keep it going.....

I nearly ran on and kicked him and the ball out for a corner [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] brilliant
Halsam tbf has really came on to a game since moving to full back .
The commitment has been 110% I just like skip he is a great ambassador for the club and if we go up I would love to see him on the pitch playing his part as he is probably now in the twilight of his career .

10 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

From the gaffers interview in the evening times

ANDY CAMERON has undoubtedly enjoyed a steep upward trajectory since becoming St Roch's manager a little under three years ago.

The famous old Glasgow club’s stock at Junior level is at the highest it’s been in decades yet hand in hand with the massive improvements on and off the pitch comes raised expectations as the Candy Rock gaffer has discovered in recent weeks.

An astonishing near 700 crowd (their biggest home gate in years) thronged the James McGrory Stadium terracings for last weekend’s head-to-head with promotion rivals Larkhall Thistle yet it’s somewhat telling that an arguably more momentous milestone was passed without 'so much as a peep' in the previous Saturday’s 4-2 defeat of Thorniewood United.

Supporters will fondly recall raising glasses last season to toast the promoted St Roch's managing to accumulate enough points to consolidate their position in the Central First Division and avoid a “straight back down” relegation fate for the first time in 30 years.

Well…taking all three points against Thorniewood ensured Cameron and his players are yet again safe from the drop, however the loftier ambitions being harboured by Garngad folk this time around saw to it that only Cameron and a few club insiders took any notice of the achievement.

And this coming Saturday should bring a break from the pressures of chasing promotion points with St Roch's taking to the road to meet Super Premier Division cracks Rob Roy in a Central League Cup tie, however the ambitious Cameron is acutely aware of people expecting his side to come out on top against the high-flying Rabs.

He insisted: “Taking charge of a group of players is child’s play compared to managing expectations and I want to get the message across of how crucial it is for the team not to feel under added pressure going into games.

“By all means expect us to go out and compete against Rob Roy but it puts things into perspective to think we are facing a team who are fully two Divisions higher up the pecking order, were Sectional League Cup winners as well as Junior Cup quarter-finalists and are rated among the list of potential winners of both the West of Scotland Cup and Super Premier title.”

Cameron is promising to ring the changes for the Guys Meadow clash with Martin Shields set to start his first game of the season after recovering from injury and places will likewise be found for Ryan Jack and the experienced Paul Roan as well as on loan Annan Athletic midfielder Przemyslaw Dachnowitz (better known as Premmy) who is tipped for a daunting debut appearance.

Cameron added: “Dom McLaren is away back to East Kilbride and John Carter is nursing a muscle strain which may rob him of the chance to face his former team so I never had the option of naming a same again line up.

“I’ve not been in the Juniors long enough to say any fixture doesn’t matter, however our First Division run-in and West Cup tie at home to Annbank United are far higher up on my list of priorities so I’m intending to give several players the chance to stake a claim for a regular starting jersey in these games.

“It might backfire on me but the team I have in mind will be nobody’s pushovers.”

Must have read that article about 10 times.

Archived