Ayr United v Raith Rovers - Rivalry recommences

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be Bobby Barr, who left Brechin on a pre-contract for Morton before moving on to ourselves for this season, again on a pre-contract. While he was clearly a bit wild in the past, I think Ray McKinnon actually got him to focus on his football and he's been fine since that. 

Players like Barr are more than adequate against teams like Ayr. He should provide a decent attacking outlet over the course of the season. Last time Hibs played Morton at Easter Road, he turned them over. He's very much a "on his day" type player. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He is, in 20% of the game if he is lucky though

Well aye.  If a player was on it 100% of the time they wouldn't be in Scotland at all never mind the second tier. 

I love it when Barr signs for a club and for the first month he is a hero and then p45'd at the end of the year

Correct me if im wrong but hasn't Barr been player of the year for the teams he's played for 2 or 3 times in the last 4 years?

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

He did that often yesterday.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Poor from him.  He should have walked away from them. 

But he did!

Right after he walked into them it was through them and then away from them.

Simples!:thumsup2

53 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Well aye.  If a player was on it 100% of the time they wouldn't be in Scotland at all never mind the second tier. 

He reminds me of Mikey McGowan, a few flashy tricks every half hour or so, 1 game in 10 he plays a blinder and the rest of the time is spent moaning at team mates and not being involved

Well Barr has had 2 blinders in 3......

:lol: at the zoomers along the fence spending the second half eye balling the away support. 

The 2 Ayr fans that had set off the smoke bomb in the Ayr end at the start and got thrown out the Ayr end, had snuck into the rovers end for the second half.. Stood up the back from us..

The 2 Ayr fans that had set off the smoke bomb in the Ayr end at the start and got thrown out the Ayr end, had snuck into the rovers end for the second half.. Stood up the back from us..

That explains the guy that asked if I 'had a light, gadge?'.

1 hour ago, young buck said:

LoL Definitely a strike heading towards turkey territory. No surprise itzdrk jumping in for the opposition in a love me everyone please style. #Barred

Simmer

Really enjoyed my day out yesterday and the result was brilliant.

having criticised Cal a lot he was excellent yesterday. Great header and his best game I have seen since Morton away at the end of last season (although by all accounts he was very good at Dingwall). Delighted for him and hope he can carry on playing like that. 

Really pleased for Mathews as well scoring his first goal. Its brilliant seeing boys come through the system and get better and better. 

Was also very impressed with Bobby Barr yesterday as well - the nutmeg second half was sublime.

overall delighted with the three points and gives us a nice boost going into the saints game.  

Suggesting Bobby Barr is a junior player is a horrific shout. 

A guy I was desperate to see us sign  when we were strongly linked with him back in the Mark Roberts days. Don't think I've even seen him have less than a 7/10 against us. 

Go have a lie down mate. 

2 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

That explains the guy that asked if I 'had a light, gadge?'.

Heard them too! Haha. Guy in the blue shorts? Weren't they then getting taunted by the Ayr fans on the other side? Great when Matthews slotted home the second and all the wee Aye neds at the fence disappeared. I do love a win at Somerset. Haha.

Have to say I thought we were miles ahead of Ayr in almost every department. If this is the best of the seaside league bring on the Townies

We got beat from Alloa last week who are playing in the seaside leagues....

When did we begin this "rivalry" with Ayr? The season we escaped the seaside leagues?

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We got beat from Alloa last week who are playing in the seaside leagues....

When did we begin this "rivalry" with Ayr? The season we escaped the seaside leagues?

No idea when we began the rivalry with Ayr considering this is only the third time we've been in the same league since we got promoted. Also, the Pars were miles in front of Ayr last season. With that said, I'm very interested to see how we get on against them. 

Archived