Alloa Athletic v Inverness

TheScarf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff again from the Wasps! We were the better team in the first half and deserved the lead, played some very good football. Backs to the wall at times in the second half and the team tired, but they ground it out. 

Fancied the draw right from the start and delighted with the outcome. The Highlands are ours. 

Ooh, that was tasty, and quite comfortable in the end. Good support from the wee band of away fans; don't feel too bad, as you lost to a good side tonight. Hopefully this keeps going as it's magic to watch a winning team after the past few seasons!

Still not getting carried away  :P

14 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Great stuff again from the Wasps! We were the better team in the first half and deserved the lead, played some very good football. Backs to the wall at times in the second half and the team tired, but they ground it out. 

Fancied the draw right from the start and delighted with the outcome. The Highlands are ours. 

Very happy to have one over both County and ICT, feel like we've owed them a defeat for a while now and killing two birds with one stone makes it all the sweeter.

No doubt our 'reward' will be Palmerston or Cappielow.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

What's changed this year Wasps fans?

Our manager got a pre-season to assemble his own squad and work with them.

Also, he didn't go on holiday and start signing players after all the good ones were taken, unlike some managers.

I'm beginning to think this could develop into a decent Alloa side. ;)

ICT played some neat stuff, but were a bit toothless in attack. Fisher caused us a few problems but not enough.

Robertson and Goodwin were once again excellent in midfield. Marr and Graham were completely solid, as they have been. Everyone else played their part. I thought it was Scott Taggart's best game in an Alloa shirt.

Great effort to get through to the quarters. Don't mind who we get really, but a home tie against half the teams left would give us a genuine chance to make the semis, which would be some achievement.

Absolutely abysmal. Abysmal. Toothless in attack again, we can't finish any of our moves off. Totally not good enough against a League 1 side. The bald linesman was a disgrace and the ref gave Alloa a lot of soft decisions but it's absolutely no excuse for our performance and I'm really starting to worry about the season ahead.

Similarly though, ICT got a lot of soft decisions but the ref also let quite a few challenges from both sides play on, I gave a few shouts to the ref throughout the game but I'd say in the whole he had a good game.

An absolutely terrible performance from us, really worrying for the season ahead. We started with the same XI as Saturday, clearly Foran wanted to give them a chance to put that poor game behind them, write it off as a slow start. Sadly for us, we performed in a very similar manner to the Partick game - utterly toothless up front, slow and being caught out in the middle and hesitant at the back.

We relied on King and Mulreany early in the season but both games this week saw them snuffed out, Mulreany especially. King worked hard but did little going forward. We didn't manage to get any crosses into the box, our delivery was abysmal, with the majority of our crosses going straight out of play.

Alloa's goal was similar to Particks at the weekend, a scramble that wasn't cleared and was then put in. In the second half with Draper on we pushed forward more but we just spent all our time putting balls into areas rather than playing with any precision. We also over played a lot when faced with Alloa lying deep in the second half. Fundamentally though, we didn't create a single chance in the game. Things improved when Fisher came on, he won headers and held the ball up but didn't get anywhere. Boden was completely anonymous.

Having performed well in the group games we've looked really flat in both games in the last week. We haven't really created a chance and Boden has looked utterly out of his depth. We haven't looked strong in midfield. We look disorganised at the back.

Similarly though, Ross County got a lot of soft decisions but the ref also let quite a few challenges from both sides play on, I gave a few shouts to the ref throughout the game but I'd say in the whole he had a good game.

Ref didn't put a foot wrong.

I focussed on Caley in my post, Alloa were good. They took their goal well and were solid and showed threat when they went forward. They were really well organised and dealt with us well, until a few times late on when we stretched them.

Actually felt sorry for Mulraney in that first half; nothing was going right for him, and he looked miserable after the first twenty minutes.

Still, good for us 'n' all that.

As my mate said about Mulreany against Dunfermline - is he a footballer with a sprint or a sprinter with a football? Certainly hasn't done anything in either game this week.

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Actually felt sorry for Mulraney in that first half; nothing was going right for him, and he looked miserable after the first twenty minutes.

Aye the boy had a mare not surprising he was hooked at half time,

8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Goodwin holding three fingers up to him after he screwed his cross behind for the third time in a row. Lol

Archived