Edinburgh City v Forfar 6/8/16

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Strange hearing about Joe getting sent off he had a good record with discipline while with us hardly got a yellow never mind a red. What actually happened?

Too far off to see and my binoculars were firmly packed away by then. Joe Mbu was strong in the game as a whole but there was a goalmouth scramble at the end with even the City goalkeeper Calum Antell running in to the Forfar box for the late City corner. Argy%20Bargy%20at%20Meadowbank_zpsahdboy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Too far off to see and my binoculars were firmly packed away by then. Joe Mbu was strong in the game as a whole but there was a goalmouth scramble at the end with even the City goalkeeper Calum Antell running in to the Forfar box for the late City corner. Argy%20Bargy%20at%20Meadowbank_zpsahdboy

Is that Tam the Bam taking the photo at the corner flag if so he maybe able to tell us what happened.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Is that Tam the Bam taking the photo at the corner flag if so he maybe able to tell us what happened.

Could be! I think all the other photo journalists (around 8 I counted) had shot off by then. So could be an exclusive. Whoever he was. Watch out for the papers tomorrow. Maybe Mr Blobby will be in them flying headfirst across the crowd... hehe

Plymouth%20Argyle%20fan%20and%20Mr%20Blo

18 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Could be! I think all the other photo journalists (around 8 I counted) had shot off by then. So could be an exclusive. Whoever he was. Watch out for the papers tomorrow. Maybe Mr Blobby will be in them flying headfirst across the crowd... hehe

Plymouth%20Argyle%20fan%20and%20Mr%20Blo

Is that you in the Plymouth top? Boy in front of you is Davie Scott who used to play for Cowden and Meadowbank breiefly in the 80s.

9 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I thought it was the City fans booing to be honest.

Nah! When Forfar scored the first goal, all the cheers came from the left-hand side of the stadium (as you look at the pitch)

That placed the bulk of the away fans there. And that's the spot where I heard most of the boos coming from at the end of the game when the players marched off. If you look at the hazy close up, you'll see the Forfar team walked away first then followed by the City players. Definately City players getting booed by the Forfar fans, IMO. I only had my GoPro Hero Session camera set on wide angle time-lapse photos at that moment, so I couldn't get any close ups.

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Is that you in the Plymouth top? Boy in front of you is Davie Scott who used to play for Cowden.

Nah, There was a group of 4 guys, hilarious - always cracking jokes, sitting in front of us. One said he was from Paisley, the others came up for the match and that guy in the Plymouth Argyle top is from there.

This "Alf Garnet lookalike" geezer, Gordon Lindsay holding the game sheet in the photo, is from London. He asked for the matchday poster from a steward and got it. " You don't ask -you don't get" is his motto. He also found the previous game poster for the HGordon%20Lindsay%20with%20Forfar%20posteamilton match on the floor nearby. He picked it up and gave it to me.

Nah! When Forfar scored the first goal, all the cheers came from the left-hand side of the stadium (as you look at the pitch)

That placed the bulk of the away fans there. And that's the spot where I heard most of the boos coming from at the end of the game when the players marched off. If you look at the hazy close up, you'll see the Forfar team walked away first then followed by the City players. Definately City players getting booed by the Forfar fans, IMO. I only had my GoPro Hero Session camera set on wide angle time-lapse photos at that moment, so I couldn't get any close ups.

Fair does.
I was in a mix of fans and the loons around me were clapping the team off.
There was one rather drunken Forfar "fan" that was booing pretty much anything and everything. Unfortunately he goes to the home games too. He certainly made enough noise to sound like a group!

Fair does.
I was in a mix of fans and the loons around me were clapping the team off.
There was one rather drunken Forfar "fan" that was booing pretty much anything and everything. Unfortunately he goes to the home games too. He certainly made enough noise to sound like a group!

Yep we must have been round that area too. Lots of clapping at the end with both Lister and Bain responding to the applause. Think any Forfar booing was probably aimed at the ref for Cox's red card.

Yep, seemed the "vocal" Forfar fan got more inebriated as the game went on!

4 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Yep we must have been round that area too. Lots of clapping at the end with both Lister and Bain responding to the applause. Think any Forfar booing was probably aimed at the ref for Cox's red card.

Yep, seemed the "vocal" Forfar fan got more inebriated as the game went on!

Name and shame.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hahahaha you better not take Mr Blobby to Gayf. Boy will get blown away and be in Norway within the week.

Mr Blobby won't make the away grounds in the first half of the season but he plans to take in all the League 2 grounds in the second half next year. If he can get on the team coach.Mr%20Blobby%20at%20the%20gates%20of%20Me

First game for us this season and first time visit to Meadowbank Stadium.

Both sides had spells when they played decent stuff, however too much of it was 'average' at best. I doubt we will be 'title contenders' based on this performance?

The stadium was fine, better than many. No complaints from us.

Had a pint in the Loch Inn pre game.Sat along from Mr Blobby and an away win.Not a bad day at all and the view puzzlingly not as shite as i remember.Good day really.

Just as well Dipsy wasn't there, can you imagine the b*****d offspring of such a coupling!

Archived