Edinburgh City v Forfar 6/8/16

They were both exactly the same, the only thing making them look different is the angle they are to the camera, if anything beatties is more of a push as he's actually used his hand whilst the City player just used his shoulder

image.png

image.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They were both exactly the same, the only thing making them look different is the angle they are to the camera, if anything beatties is more of a push as he's actually used his hand whilst the City player just used his shoulder

image.png

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 10 22.22.jpg

I actually thought Beattie did shove the defender but I wasn't complaining at the time, just puzzled how one shove resulted in a foul being given (i.e. a penalty award) and the other resulted in play carrying on and Beattie firing the ball in. 

A whole season of puzzling refereeing decisions to look forward to- f*cking magic! 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A whole season of puzzling refereeing decisions to look forward to- f*cking magic! 

Every season is like that. Even taking off my sky blue tinted glasses I really can't think of a referee that has shown fairness and good judgement to both teams in a match for years at our level. All we ask is for games to flow, good players to be protected from the hatchet men and consistency in decisions, we get refs who are consistent but unfortunately they're consistently sh*te....

Fair does.
I was in a mix of fans and the loons around me were clapping the team off.
There was one rather drunken Forfar "fan" that was booing pretty much anything and everything. Unfortunately he goes to the home games too. He certainly made enough noise to sound like a group!

Sounds like "citydiehard" [emoji6]

On 08/08/2016 at 16:18, Ian38018 said:

I also missed the what kicked off the post whistle rammy.

I took a few pix of the aftermath, though just to show it was really just a Big Kids pushing session.

http://ian38018.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/meadowbank-stadium-edinburgh-city.html

Hi Ian, Can I use a couple of your Edinburgh City v Forfar pictures in the free digital City Fanzine for the upcoming City v Berwick Rangers game?

Draft copy attached of how they would look inside on Page 3.

Go%20Tell%20The%20Spartans%20FC%20Page%2

• 2 months later...
On 05/11/2016 at 21:36, Ian38018 said:

@Mr Blobby.  Apologies for not replying to your request.  Not sure how I failed to read it.  The answer would have been Yes !

Cheers for that Ian. I hoped you wouldn't mind. Your pictures have cropped up a few times in various City Fanzine Issues.

Example below..

Go Tell The Spartans Back Page and Front Cover Year One Issue Four.png

Archived