Sportscene Watch 2016/17

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, clearly they're using extra cameras for replays but the hard camera is absolutely useless for clearly seeing anything in either box at Pittodrie.

It's like they're trolling us

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know they said they would have more cameras at the games, but at any stage, did they say they would take them out of the van and use them?

If you didn't notice the extra angles at Motherwell v St Johnstone and Hamilton v Kilmarnock, your TV must be on the blink. 

Last season, these games would have had a half-way line camera and a behind the goal camera. Yesterday, they had two high at the half-way line (one for close-ups), one low at the half-way line and one behind the goal. Hamilton v Killie also had one low behind a goal. 

Aberdeen v Hearts and Inverness v Ross County were Alba games, so Sportscene was constrained by their coverage - which amounts to 2/3 cameras max. 

Just now, The Master said:

If you didn't notice the extra angles at Motherwell v St Johnstone and Hamilton v Kilmarnock, your TV must be on the blink. 

Last season, these games would have had a half-way line camera and a behind the goal camera. Yesterday, they had two high at the half-way line (one for close-ups), one low at the half-way line and one behind the goal. Hamilton v Killie also had one low behind a goal. 

Aberdeen v Hearts and Inverness v Ross County were Alba games, so Sportscene was constrained by their coverage - which amounts to 2/3 cameras max. 

Yeah, to be fair, the actual footage has been better. The programme itself still needs improvement however.

Yeah, to be fair, the actual footage has been better. The programme itself still needs improvement however.

In what way though? Like tonight for example what could they have actually done that would've really made it that much better?

It was fine, it's a football highlights show

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In defence of sport scene, I've just been watching the build up to man united Southampton and it absolutely cringeworthy. Embarrassing stuff.

The game is pish too.

Rather be watching the goals rain in at Dens

The game is pish too.

Rather be watching the goals rain in at Dens

The game is indeed pish.

The Scottish media should watch this and see how many sky sports pundits call it pish.

Spoiler: they won't. They like to promote their domestic game.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The game is indeed pish.

The Scottish media should watch this and see how many sky sports pundits call it pish.

Spoiler: they won't. They like to promote their domestic game.

The Scottish media is too busy wanking furiously at the Old Trafford serving and probably don't realise a game is on at Dens.

Feel sorry for the poor schmuck who has to pretend he was there and write the report.

Games hardly been pish :lol:

You may be right and I will admit I'm influenced by the gulf in media coverage between Scotland and England when I judge these games.

However, I genuinely feel that what I'm watching is not so vastly superior to what we see in Scotland to justify the astronomical difference in funds in the respective leagues.

You may be right and I will admit I'm influenced by the gulf in media coverage between Scotland and England when I judge these games.

However, I genuinely feel that what I'm watching is not so vastly superior to what we see in Scotland to justify the astronomical difference in funds in the respective leagues.

Know what you're saying but there's a middle ground to be found IMO. I try and call everything as I see it regardless of my preferences.

I just think as a nation we love to put ourselves down and also love to get annoyed at anyone else that dares show a bit of arrogance, confidence or self belief about themselves. Really annoying, so I think sometimes we do the opposite to compensate for it.

I'm like you I think it is overhyped, and I think our game is under hyped. Football can be enjoyed in so many different ways, big money players and huge clubs doesn't always make for an exciting game on the pitch. Likewise smaller clubs and players on low wages doesn't make for a shite game on the pitch. Its all relative, the big money exciting players are playing against big money top drawer defenders, the exciting players at a lower level are playing against defences of a similar quality to them too.

I think we should stop getting annoyed at the marketing of the EPL and try and copy it as much as we can, hype our game up like they do theirs. We've got nothing to lose by doing so.

Know what you're saying but there's a middle ground to be found IMO. I try and call everything as I see it regardless of my preferences.

I just think as a nation we love to put ourselves down and also love to get annoyed at anyone else that dares show a bit of arrogance, confidence or self belief about themselves. Really annoying, so I think sometimes we do the opposite to compensate for it.

I'm like you I think it is overhyped, and I think our game is under hyped. Football can be enjoyed in so many different ways, big money players and huge clubs doesn't always make for an exciting game on the pitch. Likewise smaller clubs and players on low wages doesn't make for a shite game on the pitch. Its all relative, the big money exciting players are playing against big money top drawer defenders, the exciting players at a lower level are playing against defences of a similar quality to them too.

I think we should stop getting annoyed at the marketing of the EPL and try and copy it as much as we can, hype our game up like they do theirs. We've got nothing to lose by doing so.

I agree with all of that.

The sooner the comparison with England stops the better.

Archived