Sportscene Watch 2016/17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have thought they'd have pointed out that Accies didn't have men on the post and one could have stopped the goal, while Dundee had a man on the post that stopped a certain goal from Devlin. They didn't show Lyon's goal again either. Had it been a big club I think we know it would have been purred over.

So a full season on non-HD BBC2 Scotland. It looks shite on my TV. At least we have the HD packages from Sky and BT.

2 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

"If you love Scottish football then you simply must watch this upcoming programme".

If people do love Scottish football and watch that shite then there will be some backlash against the BBC.

Is it correct that it's a 5-parter? As in 5 hours of documentary-cum-contemporary affairs, in that Thursday 9pm 'serious face investigative journalism' slot, on Scottish football since the 1980s?

If they have five hours to play with, they just might be able to squeeze in a six second clip of Dundee United beating Barcelona or something like that. Just to appease the diddy fans, ya ken.

1 hour ago, resk said:

If they have five hours to play with, they just might be able to squeeze in a six second clip of Dundee United beating Barcelona or something like that. Just to appease the diddy fans, ya ken.

Doubt many Barca fans would be watching tbh.

Did the dabs beat Barcelona? They kept that quiet. ;-)

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

3 weeks into the new season and I've already deleted this from my sky planner.

I don't know why BBC even bother to be honest.

I assume it's done by the work experience kids. Either that or BBC do some kind of community service scheme.

Arent they only doing the last 30 years ?

Convenient to ignore us diddies owning Scotland and Europe.

I stopped watching this years ago because it was just another Old Firm media production. However I thought I'd see what it was like given all these supposed improvements it's gone through and have just watched the Saints v Celtic game from last Saturday. Jesus Christ, sod all has changed. 

They were reporting on the St Johnstone v Celtic game. That's what they said. Except they weren't. They were reporting on Celtic who happened to be playing Saints this week. They devoted approx 14 minutes to the game. About 8.30 mins were the action itself, 5,30 studio chat supposedly discussing the game. Wright and Rodgers were interviewed after the match, Rogers being given time to sum up his opinion of the game, Wright being asked about Griffiths' booking. They then discussed Tierney in depth, Griffiths dive, Forrest and Celtic's up and coming Euro tie. Saints, unbeaten for 12 games, fielding an injury hit team including a new signing and scorers of 2 goals were given literally 20 seconds. Add in 2 brief mentions in chat and the total was probably 25 seconds. That's 25 seconds devoted to Saints out of a 14 minute piece. Again, BBC Scotland reported on Celtic, not the game.

Plus ca change.

Archived