Sportscene Watch 2016/17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Suicidal defending at the end there from ICT :lol:

Vigurs looks like he can't be arsed.

Someone on our forum thought his work rate was good yesterday. For the first goal he literally gave up chasing Liam Craig who ran into acres of space to score. He's a lazy c**t.

Thompson saying "you don't have to have played to be a good manager, just ask Mourinho." Does Mourinho know someone who didn't play who then went on to be a good manager, Steven?

What a fucking muppet

What happened to the multiple cameras at more games? Back to the same shite.
Dee v ICT last week was torture. Goal shown from usual TV angle - fine. Replay was just zoomed in a bit - not ok. Second replay just zoomed back out and showed it from the first angle again... piss poor.

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Hard to tell who's worse at defending out of Inverness and Aberdeen. It was fascinating, in a morbid sort of way.

Inverness. Always Inverness.

13 hours ago, RawB93 said:

What happened to the multiple cameras at more games? Back to the same shite.
Dee v ICT last week was torture. Goal shown from usual TV angle - fine. Replay was just zoomed in a bit - not ok. Second replay just zoomed back out and showed it from the first angle again... piss poor.

Dundee v Inverness was an Alba game, which has only two cameras. Alba aren't obliged to provide more.

At other non-televised games, there's at least four cameras.

Just now, The Master said:

Dundee v Inverness was an Alba game, which has only two cameras. Alba aren't obliged to provide more.

At other non-televised games, there's at least four cameras.

Obliged or otherwise, why would they choose to have so few? It looks so poor. Where was this alleged 2nd camera? I watched the full ~50mins highlights and the only angle was from the Derry.

35 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Obliged or otherwise, why would they choose to have so few? It looks so poor. Where was this alleged 2nd camera? I watched the full ~50mins highlights and the only angle was from the Derry.

Cost, probably. 

BBC Alba used to show the full 90 minutes of one SPL (as-was) match, which involved a proper multi-camera setup and pitchside mics (same setup as for their live lower-league and Challenge Cup games). When they switched to 2x1hr highlights, they decided to effectively split the resources. Most games are therefore covered with two cameras, some are graced with a third (albeit in a random location - I remember one game at Dens where they had a camera on one 18-yard line but not the other).

The second camera was also in the Derry. You said the replay was the first angle "zoomed in"; that was from the second camera.

Games not on Alba and not shown live now, ironically, have the setup that Alba used to have. At Rugby Park on Saturday, there were two cameras high at the half-way line, one pitch level at the half-way line and one behind a goal. 

It means now that while it used to be good to see that your team's game had been chosen for Alba highlights, now it means you get worse coverage than all but one of the other games. The only upside is having a 50:50 shot of being on Saturday and getting to see highlights before all other teams.

But, irritatingly, our next two home games are both on Alba, on the Sunday (yes, including Christmas Day).

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

Cost, probably. 

BBC Alba used to show the full 90 minutes of one SPL (as-was) match, which involved a proper multi-camera setup and pitchside mics (same setup as for their live lower-league and Challenge Cup games). When they switched to 2x1hr highlights, they decided to effectively split the resources. Most games are therefore covered with two cameras, some are graced with a third (albeit in a random location - I remember one game at Dens where they had a camera on one 18-yard line but not the other).

The second camera was also in the Derry. You said the replay was the first angle "zoomed in"; that was from the second camera.

Games not on Alba and not shown live now, ironically, have the setup that Alba used to have. At Rugby Park on Saturday, there were two cameras high at the half-way line, one pitch level at the half-way line and one behind a goal. 

It means now that while it used to be good to see that your team's game had been chosen for Alba highlights, now it means you get worse coverage than all but one of the other games. The only upside is having a 50:50 shot of being on Saturday and getting to see highlights before all other teams.

But, irritatingly, our next two home games are both on Alba, on the Sunday (yes, including Christmas Day).

I think this is where my frustration stemmed from in truth, as well as the fact I sit underneath the camera in the Derry and have already seen it from a near-identical angle :lol: 

A feature on Alba usually meant extensive video coverage of the game, which in Scotland is a bit of a rareity to find unless the game's been on BT/Sky. 

Archived