Sportscene Watch 2016/17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Did it show them getting booed back onto the pitch for the start of the 2nd half? :lol:

I think the boos for the 3rd goal were louder than the 5th. Maybe they'd given up by that point.

I also enjoyed Hearts' Chris Rock lookalike trying to defend for Doolan's goal.

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think the boos for the 3rd goal were louder than the 5th. Maybe they'd given up by that point.

The boys with the drum packed up and went home to protest outside after the third. Or maybe the fourth. 

Either way, they weren't there to boo for the fifth. 

It was quite funny to see them give up trying to taunt us and instead turn on McGhee before they left.

I'm surprised there's not been more fuss made over Liam Lindsay, he's looked good whenever I've seen him play. The national team's weakest position by a mile, you'd think someone would sit up and take note.

Don't agree yet about Souttar, a talented footballer, but not a brilliant defender.

ETA: Just noticed that Lindsay has scored 6 goals in about 25 league games this season from centre half.

How was Kurtaj (?) booked for a dive trying to win a penalty but Sinclair wasn't? 

Because one was a dive the other wasn't?
Sinclair basically ran in to 3 accies players and one stood he just bounced off him.
Even if he did decide to dive how could the ref realistically see it with 3 players around him?

I'm surprised there's not been more fuss made over Liam Lindsay, he's looked good whenever I've seen him play. The national team's weakest position by a mile, you'd think someone would sit up and take note.
Don't agree yet about Souttar, a talented footballer, but not a brilliant defender.

ETA: Just noticed that Lindsay has scored 6 goals in about 25 league games this season from centre half.

In terms of prospects, he's probably one of the best we've got. Him and Lindsey would make a good partnership, their skill sets complement each other.

39 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Maybe that's the way ahead for Strachan. Instead of looking for forwards who can't score to help defenders who can't defend. He should look at defenders who can score to help score!!!!!!

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Because one was a dive the other wasn't?
Sinclair basically ran in to 3 accies players and one stood he just bounced off him.
Even if he did decide to dive how could the ref realistically see it with 3 players around him?

The ref couldn't realistically see it when the ball hit Keith Watsons hip, yet decided to give a handball. Refs are different for Celtic, and the Rangers. It's just the way it is. 

24 minutes ago, deej said:

The ref couldn't realistically see it when the ball hit Keith Watsons hip, yet decided to give a handball. Refs are different for Celtic, and the Rangers. It's just the way it is. 

Cheers for bringing up a completely different game. Are you insinuating there is a set agenda to give Celtic and now Sevco teams an advantage via referees?  

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Cheers for bringing up a completely different game. Are you insinuating there is a set agenda to give Celtic and now Sevco teams an advantage via referees?  

Just pointing out that even when refs can't see it they still tend to give Celtic the benefit of the doubt (or in Watsons case, a foul when there wasn't even any doubt). 

So your point that the ref wouldn't have given it if he had dived, because he couldn't see it is incorrect. 

1 minute ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Sutherland- how impressed were you by Inverness. 

Thompson- speaks about Rangers for a couple of minutes and then calls Inverness Kilmarnock. 

I thought I imagined that so glad someone else noticed.  Both of your points I mean.  Thompson didn't speak about us at all when asked to and yep, when he did eventually try to, he called us Kilmarnock.

I thought I imagined that so glad someone else noticed.  Both of your points I mean.  Thompson didn't speak about us at all when asked to and yep, when he did eventually try to, he called us Kilmarnock.

It's kind of similar to the whole starting a sentence with 'I'm not racist but...' thing I find.

It was the same when Dundee beat them, on sportscene and sportsound the chat was 'well we have to give credit to Dundee/Inverness BUT ...[insert incredibly dull and drawn out debate about rangers here]'.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Thompson obviously still butt hurt from the amount of times a team he's playing for has been turned over up here in Inverness.

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's kind of similar to the whole starting a sentence with 'I'm not racist but...' thing I find.

It was the same when Dundee beat them, on sportscene and sportsound the chat was 'well we have to give credit to Dundee/Inverness BUT ...[insert incredibly dull and drawn out debate about rangers here]'.

The BBC hate employing **** don't they?  Their shows are full of them.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

You'd have to be fucking thick to think it doesn't happen. It's not a set agenda, more a natural human reaction. Happens in every league in the world. 

Archived