Lowland League Team lines

Dead

Ok this is probably a ramble but what the heck.

I thought I would collect team lines and stats from the games from all the clubs this season as it goes on, mainly to get a feel for each club, who is playing for each team and how their squad's work. So I started with the friendlies, big mistake as the info. from some clubs just isn't there.

So starting again from last Friday night when the league started - after a bit of digging I'm am now down to 2 missing team lines from the 1st round of games  - BSC Glasgow and Civil Service Strollers. Not too worried that The Spartans seem to have a crazy numbering system for a few of their players in relation to where the play on the pitch (at least from the game I saw at Falkirk v UoS).

Am I missing a secret place where the full game and league stats are available ? Perhaps not. I thought wrongly that the Lowland League site would list this info. but this is still to reveal itself.

So it may be worth listing the team lines, subs and scorers is one thread here each week - just a thought. Even estimated crowds. It would only take a few posters here to gather this here one thread.

Am I barking up the wrong tree or is this something others would be interested in sharing their match information for the edification of all ?

PS I would most delighted if anyone can provide the 2 missing team lines from BSC Glasgow and Civil Service Strollers as I know from past experience that correct footy details are lost if you don't get them at the time.

Without trying to sound like a smart erse all WW line ups including subs from our 6 pre-season friendlies and last week are on our Twitter, Facebook page and website. Crowd v East Kilbride was 158. 

8 hours ago, craigiemack said:

The lowland league lags behind others in this department. Surely it can't be too hard for one guy to post a starting eleven and goal/half alerts on Twitter or Facebook??

Does it? Are you comparing it to the SPFL and Highland League? 

32 minutes ago, Kicker Conspiracy said:

Shouldn't we compare the Lowland League to the Highland League, then?

The software and tablet system I mentioned above was developed by the HL and the LL adopted it later.

BTW if you're looking at how a small league can do it, how about this from the Faroe Islands. Unbelievable detail right down to lower leagues and women. It's all in Faroese but any statto worth his salt can work it out

Faroe Soccer

During matches one the links on the LL website normally takes you through to a page listing the teams etc. They tweeted a screen-shot from it after Stirling v Spartans:

Coj12FHWgAALNMJ.jpg:large

Sometimes it's all blank, though, and the link is taken-down after.

I think you get full details in the Scotland on Sunday or Monday Scotsman, too.

No crowds are issued below SPFL2, neither HL or LL, and with Edinburgh City getting promoted I think Whitehill may be the only ones in either who publish in their programmes. Gretna used to on their old website but not in the replacement.

BBC reporting full-time scores of Dalbeattie 2-0 Cumbernauld, EK 0-0 Selkirk, East Stirlingshire 1-1 Vale, Gala 0-2 Stirling, Gretna 0-1 Civil Service, Hawick 1-1 Whitehill, Preston 0-0 BSCG, Spartans 0-1 Edinburgh Uni. They've updated their league table accordingly.

Yet, LL website reporting Dalbeattie 2-0 Cumbernauld, EK 6-0 Selkirk, East Stirlingshire 2-2 Vale, Gala 2-2 Stirling, Gretna 0-4 Civil Service, Hawick 2-3 Whitehill, Preston 1-1 BSCG, Spartans 1-1 Edinburgh Uni. Every one of which is different except that from Islecroft.

I'm assuming LL website is correct.

46 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

BBC reporting full-time scores of Dalbeattie 2-0 Cumbernauld, EK 0-0 Selkirk, East Stirlingshire 1-1 Vale, Gala 0-2 Stirling, Gretna 0-1 Civil Service, Hawick 1-1 Whitehill, Preston 0-0 BSCG, Spartans 0-1 Edinburgh Uni. They've updated their league table accordingly.

Yet, LL website reporting Dalbeattie 2-0 Cumbernauld, EK 6-0 Selkirk, East Stirlingshire 2-2 Vale, Gala 2-2 Stirling, Gretna 0-4 Civil Service, Hawick 2-3 Whitehill, Preston 1-1 BSCG, Spartans 1-1 Edinburgh Uni. Every one of which is different except that from Islecroft.

I'm assuming LL website is correct.

I was watching the vidiprinter towards full-time and a rash of Scottish half-times from across the leagues fired in - I guess some dimwit at PA Sport hadn't ticked a box somwhere. I suppose someone equally dim responsible for BBC content picked up these HTs and logged them as FTs.

On 8/6/2016 at 10:41, HibeeJibee said:

During matches one the links on the LL website normally takes you through to a page listing the teams etc. They tweeted a screen-shot from it after Stirling v Spartans:

Coj12FHWgAALNMJ.jpg:large

Sometimes it's all blank, though, and the link is taken-down after.

I think you get full details in the Scotland on Sunday or Monday Scotsman, too.

No crowds are issued below SPFL2, neither HL or LL, and with Edinburgh City getting promoted I think Whitehill may be the only ones in either who publish in their programmes. Gretna used to on their old website but not in the replacement.

They should keep those match details from their live updates on their website as an archive for stattos like "Dead" who keep a record of such things.

Archived