FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well lets assume that they do not have 22 players all on the same wage, I would suggest that they have some people on this pitch who by normal standards are highly paid individuals.

Point being, selling this is as the Prince v the Pauper is a wee bit misleading and patronising.

It is though when you compare that 400k to whatever arsenals yearly wage bill is though..

Well aye. But lets not pretend for the sake of arguement this is some wee tin pot outfit who have defied the odds in some fairytale. They are well paid professional footballers.

In comparison to Arsenal they are though, it's all relative.

Queen of the South supposedly had a playing budget of 350k the year they were in the second division, so a side similar to that playing against one of the best paying clubs in world football (im guessing) basically.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye I suppose its maybe a bit much. Still not having the fairytale pish though. I go and watch my team regularly and I dont consider them to be anything other than a professional football team. I highly doubt our wage bill is anywhere near 400k.

You don't think most Falkirk players would be on £400 a week at least?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

They might be in that neck of the woods. Some on a fair bit less maybe and two or three on more maybe.

I wont claim to be ITK about any clubs wages, I am merely pointing out that these are professional full time footballers. Of course it would be a colossal shock if they got a result but I feel it is being massively overstated and Lineker et al are being patronising c***s when they talk about that wage bill as if it is nothing.

By National League terms Sutton probably have one of the lowest budgets in the league. The owner of Forest Green Rovers is apparently happy to write off losses of over £2m per season.

Archived