Hibernian vs Dunfermline

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the 4-0 game, there was more feint hope than expectation as I think the entire away end believed that wee thoroughly deserved to go down so had no really feelings of anger or injustice. The 1st division/Championship was/is a lot more enjoyable anyway so I was actually kind of happy we got to play in a much more entertaining league again, getting ridden every week was not as fun. (Probably wouldn't have been as content if I knew what would happen the season afterwards tbf)

5 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

What a fucking loser, would rather be in the Championship :lol:

It's a much, much better league than the Premiership, competitive and entertaining rather than Celtic's annual procession to the title and a big deal made out of "oooh, will someone be withing 10 points? who's going to be the best loser? exciting times..."

The Premiership is boring as f**k and almost entirely pointless, especially because the structure in place is to ensure Celtic and Rangers are 1 and 2 every year to make sure no other team can possibly mount a sustainable challenge.

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

Happy to get relegated? What an absolute fucking c**t. 

Not happy to be relegated, happy to be in a better league.

When we went up I'd have preferred to have just stayed than actually go up.

Sure the OF will bring money when you play them but it was really refreshing to have a few great games, fun memories and no sectarian, bigoted bollocks for a few years.

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

:lol:

Always preferred the Championship and enjoyed watching us in it a lot more, probably weird but ah well.

Only time the Premiership was really interesting for me was when we were in a relegation battle 3 or 4 seasons in a row.

Might be a unique case with Dunfermline due to the fact that our rivals have spent so much time in leagues below us that coming down means interesting local derbies rather than getting scudded away to the likes of Inverness, Ross County, Hamilton and Partick.

For Hibs it's obviously the opposite with Hearts being in the Prem and they are stuck down here.

Could guarantee if Hibs had stayed up when Hearts went down that the season afterwards would have been boring as f**k for you.

10 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Might be a unique case with Dunfermline due to the fact that our rivals have spent so much time in leagues below us that coming down means interesting local derbies rather than getting scudded away to the likes of Inverness, Ross County, Hamilton and Partick.

For Hibs it's obviously the opposite with Hearts being in the Prem and they are stuck down here.

Could guarantee if Hibs had stayed up when Hearts went down that the season afterwards would have been boring as f**k for you.

Just stop.

I agree with messiah the spl holds zero interest for me. So much so that I gets its name wrong and don't care.

:lol:

Raith and Falkirk away versus Motherwell or Killie away. 

No contest.

Yes it's good financially for us to play the old firm but I hate the way out club bends over backwards to accommodate local glory hunters sitting in two thirds of the stadium.

It was bitter sweet winning the league with McIntyre, great football and derbies giving way to meaningless boring games where we got pumped most weeks.

46 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

So if we end up in the hunt for promotion you'll be gutted? Seriously, are you on drugs?

Winning the league/promotion is great

It's the actually going up that's a bit shit.

Archived