Hibernian vs Dunfermline

Williamson is not a right back.

He took far too long to come out of position to meet the opposition.

But when he went down the wing, we destroyed Hibs.

Our problem with defence is that our backs are watching behind them to cover Hutton rather than looking forward

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cummings paedo chants btw  romanovpalm.pngromanovpalm.png

Btw those Dunfermline fans doing 5-1 signs[emoji38]

Minter

You'd think Dunfermline were winning the way their fans were reaction after the equaliser.
/quote]

Hibs fans take it well.

McCabe and Higginbotham had some fantastic moments yesterday, sometimes in the simplest way possible. They could be massive players for us this season. Pleased again with Geggan, his discipline last season was incredible and he kept that today, where it may have been easy to get caught up in the tempo of the game and get dragged out of position.

17 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bit like meh and meh tbh.

Reilly has played a grand total of 2 league games for us you gibbering fuckwit.

I thought Moffat was one of our best players?

Bak to .net with you, zoomer.

17 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

I dunno mate, after yous scored yous looked more likely than us to score again. Quite a few times I was expecting it to be the same as the QotS game

It's the hope that kills you.

15 hours ago, Shooboax said:

Williamson is not a right back.

He took far too long to come out of position to meet the opposition.

But when he went down the wing, we destroyed Hibs.

Our problem with defence is that our backs are watching behind them to cover Hutton rather than looking forward

My thoughts exactly, having Murdoch back will make a huge difference.

41 minutes ago, cowdenboy15 said:

Dumfermline were poor in defending but they did well in attack

Back to the League 2 forum you obsessed little squirt.

Although disappointed we lost and especially in the manner we did and so late on, I enjoyed the game immensely yesterday. Particularly the second half where I thought we played some good stuff and certainly had the Hibs crowd frustrated. I felt they were beginning to run out of ideas when they got the goal and, on chances created, they probably shaded it. After the first goal they had us on the ropes until half-time and I was pleased we kept it to one goal at the break.

But although we didn't look too threatening, I thought we played some nice football in the opening half an hour. We certainly weren't overawed by the occasion or opposition, showed a lot of confidence to pass it around and to deploy two up front, even if Moff seemed to be a wee bit off Reilly. I suspect a lot of teams will go to Easter Road and set up to defend quite deep.

It made for a really engaging game I thought and we certainly didn't disgrace ourselves. Our goal was really well worked and the sight of the fans going absolutely bananas was tremendous. Lovely play to find Cardle initially and then a lovely pass in for Reilly, who finished well. If we can keep giving him service like that then he'll give us goals.

We didn't create as many openings as perhaps we may have liked, but if we can bring at least one, maybe two more bodies in then I think we'll be alright. Our dead ball delivery was probably the only disappointment for me other than the two goals conceded; I thought Hutton should have done better for the OG and what can you say about the second one? One of those things that happens unfortunately and I was gutted for Fordyce because I thought he was excellent yesterday. For his first first team game in almost a year, I thought he did superbly well, and Ben alongside made some crucial blocks and interceptions too. After the goal we wobbled a bit and struggled to contain the front two, but overall I saw a lot of positives to take forward. If we can keep moving the ball about as confidently as that and just add a wee bit more creation in the final third, then I think we'll have an enjoyable season.

For Hibs, I thought Cummings was a real livewire and a threat all afternoon; his first half header off the post was well executed and he was unfortunate with a few efforts from range. I thought Lewis Stevenson had a good game but yet again I was impressed with McGinn. When I watched him for Scotland I thought he looked good but yesterday I thought he showed some great feet and has a terrific strike. There was one second half move where he held off Moffat and showed a lovely touch to move away from him, drive towards the box and create a shooting chance for himself. Good player.

Final shout to the crowd as well. Superb turnout from both home and away fans - for us to have over 1,200 there is a great effort. I thought the atmosphere, particularly at the start, was great and it had the feel of a game between two teams battling out a big cup match.

Sad that we lost the game but other than that I was pleased with how our team played and just thought it was a bloody decent game to watch.

Feel a bit for Stevenson in that he's being asked to play a system that doesn't suit him at all. As mentioned he gets acres of space thanks to the likes of McGinn and it shows up his lack of attacking ability even more. Saying that he's been playing first team football for 10 years and can't cross a ball to save himself, which isn't great. Turned into a good reliable defender though.

I didn't realise from 44 how bad the defending was for the winner. Some of the passing play from Dunfermline was really good, tidy up that shit and you'll have a decent season.

Archived