Celtic vs Partick Thistle

Predictably, you've missed the point again David

Clearly I have missed it. Tell me then, in what way is Tony saying that Partick Thistle are not Celtic's competition, disrespectful. I mean we've heard managers & players say words to that affect down the years. We keep hearing fans of those clubs rule out a challenge as the resources we have are far superior to theirs. So in what way is the point any different?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly I have missed it. Tell me then, in what way is Tony saying that Partick Thistle are not Celtic's competition, disrespectful. I mean we've heard managers & players say words to that affect down the years. We keep hearing fans of those clubs rule out a challenge as the resources we have are far superior to theirs. So in what way is the point any different?

Read the thread again min.

You'll notice tony and I haven't fundamentally disagreed, you've just stormed in with your nonsense

Read the thread again min.

You'll notice tony and I haven't fundamentally disagreed, you've just stormed in with your nonsense

I was reading it, hence why I quoted the point I was addressing. You're saying that I'm missing the point. So my question is then, how is it disrespectful?

I was reading it, hence why I quoted the point I was addressing. You're saying that I'm missing the point. So my question is then, how is it disrespectful?

David, I have nothing to add to what I said already, I can't be arsed regurgitating it for you.

Read it or don't. I don't care what you think.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It amuses me that Celtic fans assume £200k Is some huge windfall we're all over the moon to receive.

We get that in interest every month from the bank.

:o I'd be pretty shocked if this is true! You able to prove this at all? 

STV Grant has just tweeted that Celtic will make €25million if they reach the next stage of the CL. According to him, the trickle down payout to the other Premiership teams is £250k each. Comparing Euros with pounds makes the calculation a wee bit complicated, but let's just say that €25million is £21.7million. That means that nearly ninety times as much money goes to Celtic. 

Let's be clear, I'm not arguing that fairness comes into this; it's not a matter of jealousy, it's just a bad idea to plough more and more money in at the top of the game, because eventually folk will get fed up and stop watching the same teams year after year after year.

Especially if the top of the game can't get arrested in Europe most seasons after spending it all and that string of articles about moving to England or a European league starts again ...

• 1 month later...

Archived