Celtic vs Partick Thistle

Explain it to me then, based on an adult and two children who want to go to a cup final.

You explain it that myself and my son who are season ticket holder and have been for years, struggle to get a ticket for the final despite paying money to watch our club all season, while someone in the opposite end just strolls up & gets a wee day out for the family despite not going to a game all season or very few. My son wants to go to a cup final just as much as the wee guy in the opposite end.

Nearly spat your dads spunk all over the screen there......you'll take those attendances with a pinch of salt but you've no issue with the club reporting attendances now where people don't actually attend?

Wow

Now Stan, your desire for spunk is of no interest to me. I have no issue with clubs reporting absent fans because they are paid for. I've repeatedly said I'd prefer clubs just reported the actual numbers inside the ground but as it's something many clubs do, then so be it. But different counting paid fans than it is being unable to count fans who doubled up. Duh.

He's ruining another thread, I see. 

Only it was a Partick Thistle fan who changed the course but if you read the thread you'd know that.

And you're continuously mocked for being a moron for suggesting it. We have numerous fans who supported us during the years when we sat bottom of the Third Division, who then moved country due to their jobs. One of them lives in Australia. He spent over £2k coming over to watch us in the Cup Final, yet you'd have us denying him a ticket because he didnt buy one of your mental "league packages"?

Im sure we'd win plenty of lapsed fans back over by doing that :huh:

Ah right, I forgot that the extra 10,000 who came out the woodwork all flew in from Oz :lol: would you get a grip and apply some common sense. Sure, if the club have special case (not yourself...this time), then maybe help him out if they can. Of course this argument is based on the locals who only give a f**k about you come a big game. On the flip side, if the guy from Oz misses out then that's just something he'll have to suck up & recognise as a consequence of moving to Oz. Why should we all bend over backwards to accommodate him. We have Celtic fans in Oz, America...hell even Ireland & England who spend that amount coming over for league games. Maybe we should all give them a ticket too since it's good for you.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

if the guy from Oz misses out then that's just something he'll have to suck up & recognise as a consequence of moving to Oz.

Should the Celtic fan who misses out not just have to "suck it up & recognise as a consequence" of supporting a historically successful football team with a large fanbase?

How do you apply your theory if both Celtic and Rangers make the final? Do you try to move it to Wembley so 40,000+ each can get to the game?

Should the Celtic fan who misses out not just have to "suck it up & recognise as a consequence" of supporting a historically successful football team with a large fanbase?

How do you apply your theory if both Celtic and Rangers make the final? Do you try to move it to Wembley so 40,000+ each can get to the game?

Nope. Fans of both clubs understand that each club don't have enough tickets to satisfy demand from their season ticket holders so it's something they accept. However when they are up against a club who have enough to satisfy their ST holders but who then dish tickets out to their wives, gf's, grannies, aunties, uncles and window cleaners as well, it sticks in the throat.

So Celtic (with their 14 cup finals since 2000) should have more of the tickets so their fans don't miss out?  Meanwhile St Mirren (as an example) - experiencing their 3rd cup final in 25+ years (or less, in some cases) - shouldn't get any more?  That cup final is a chance to bring those supporters back and possibly help re-energise their support. The Celtic fans who miss out can console themselves that they can go next year, when they make another final.

Some of the smaller clubs might never reach a final again, of course you've got to give them a chance to make an occasion of it.

Fans turn out for big games.  It's why smaller clubs fans show up for cup finals.  It's why 100,000 Celtic fans turned up in Seville (had they kept attending, maybe Celtic would have been able to challenge more in Europe).  It's why 60,000+ were at that game v  Dundee in 1988, yet barely 20,000 had been to the game v Morton a couple of months earlier.  Every team is the same.  The problem with Scottish football is that rarely give the fans of smaller clubs big games to go too (31 years without the title travelling outwith Glasgow will kinda kill enthusiasm a bit).

That's what's called supporting a "big" team. Blame your own gloryhunters, not other clubs for that.

As opposed to your glory hunter who prevent you from being able to challenge.

So why don't you explain the idea to me then. Say Aberdeen make it to the Scottish cup final and I want an adult ticket and 2 kids tickets. What will the pricing be and how will it work?

What is there to explain. It's not up to me to set the prices for clubs. I just have my opinions on what it should be. I don't quite see what my opinion matters in your argument.

31 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Nope. Fans of both clubs understand that each club don't have enough tickets to satisfy demand from their season ticket holders so it's something they accept. However when they are up against a club who have enough to satisfy their ST holders but who then dish tickets out to their wives, gf's, grannies, aunties, uncles and window cleaners as well, it sticks in the throat.

Way to miss the point :lol::lol::lol:

What an abject fucking thicko.

So Celtic (with their 14 cup finals since 2000) should have more of the tickets so their fans don't miss out?  Meanwhile St Mirren (as an example) - experiencing their 3rd cup final in 25+ years (or less, in some cases) - shouldn't get any more?  That cup final is a chance to bring those supporters back and possibly help re-energise their support. The Celtic fans who miss out can console themselves that they can go next year, when they make another final.

Oh stop it with the 'chance to bring fans back' patter. We keep hearing this. Please tell me how many of your fans came back after St Mirren won the league cup because from where I'm sitting, as soon as the cup final had been and gone, it was back to 'as you were'. This is usually the case for every team. Hibs have had a knock on affect this year which is pleasing to see but then they should be hitting those figures anyway.

It's not always as easy saying, well you can go next year. The fans who go to away games etc get priority and rightly so. I have no issue with them being ahead of me. They put their money & time in more than what I do. So they should come first...just like I should come before any St Mirren fan who never bothers going but decided as it's a cup final they will make an effort.

Some of the smaller clubs might never reach a final again, of course you've got to give them a chance to make an occasion of it.

I get that point but if these fans turn up every week instead of just going to cup finals then they will have more money to buy better players and they might just make more cup finals or enjoy games in Europe.

Fans turn out for big games.  It's why smaller clubs fans show up for cup finals.  It's why 100,000 Celtic fans turned up in Seville (had they kept attending, maybe Celtic would have been able to challenge more in Europe).  It's why 60,000+ were at that game v  Dundee in 1988, yet barely 20,000 had been to the game v Morton a couple of months earlier.  Every team is the same.  The problem with Scottish football is that rarely give the fans of smaller clubs big games to go too (31 years without the title travelling outwith Glasgow will kinda kill enthusiasm a bit).

I get that too & believe me, I've no time for our fans who stayed away the past 4 seasons & who came crawling back out the woodwork either. Again if these fans turned up every week then we'd have more big games to go to. Hibs, Aberdeen & Hearts have all managed to take 40,000 fans to a cup final each. So imagine those fans turned up regular and the clubs had their support. Instead of Aberdeen & Hearts playing each other last week at Pittodrie in front of 13,000 fans, it could be a game in front of 35,000 or if going better maybe 45,000/50,000. Smaller teams playing those clubs could have trips to bigger clubs in bigger stadiums. What if a club like St Mirren actually had home games in front of 16,000 like Hearts get at present. We could have bigger games if the fans just put the same effort into league games that they do for cup finals.

As for us doing better in Europe, I've already had a go at a Celtic fan who moaned we should be spending more money, but who didn't bother going to games himself and so put no money in to fund the players he wanted us to sign.

It was a great point...seriously.

It was. You were just too thick to understand that a St Johnstone fan missing out on a ticket due to a choice he made is no different to a Celtic fan missing out on a ticket due to a choice he made.

You're a born victim, continually looking for things to get upset or overly defensive about.

Ah right, I forgot that the extra 10,000 who came out the woodwork all flew in from Oz[emoji38]would you get a grip and apply some common sense. Sure, if the club have special case (not yourself...this time), then maybe help him out if they can. Of course this argument is based on the locals who only give a f**k about you come a big game. On the flip side, if the guy from Oz misses out then that's just something he'll have to suck up & recognise as a consequence of moving to Oz. Why should we all bend over backwards to accommodate him. We have Celtic fans in Oz, America...hell even Ireland & England who spend that amount coming over for league games. Maybe we should all give them a ticket too since it's good for you.

You're a fucking idiot.

Another day, another thread ruined by David [emoji1]

You've been told who changed the course of this & yet still you go down this road. Oh dear :lol:

Anyway, this is a game between Celtic & Partick Thistle....why are the Aberdeen, St Johnstone & all the rest on here. Ruining the thread?

It was. You were just too thick to understand that a St Johnstone fan missing out on a ticket due to a choice he made is no different to a Celtic fan missing out on a ticket due to a choice he made.

You're a born victim, continually looking for things to get upset or overly defensive about.

No, the Celtic fan is missing out due to the choice of the organisers whereas the St Johnstone fan does not miss out. That is the crux of this. It was YOU who was just too thick to work that out.

Davie, do you honestly not understand why regular league matches don't get the same crowds as cup finals? Why a casual fan may be more inclined to go to St Mirren v Hearts in the League Cup final than the same fixture in the league?

I do mate. It's a big day out etc. However we dress it up though, it's glory hunting at the end of the day. I hope if Celtic get to the semi-final & final of the League Cup this season & it's a big game that requires a smaller allocation than meets demand, then the fans at the Motherwell & Alloa games get priority over those who stayed away. No time for big game wonders.

You're a fucking idiot.

Just not as experienced at it as yourself. Go defend the people who use your club then f**k off as soon as the final is over. You must have some size of supporters club in Oz given how many disappeared after your last cup final.

6 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

No, the Celtic fan is missing out due to the choice of the organisers whereas the St Johnstone fan does not miss out. That is the crux of this. It was YOU who was just too thick to work that out.

:lol:

The Celtic fan is missing out because he follows a successful football team which frequently draws large crowds, and will therefore struggle for a ticket where availability is limited. No one forced him to support Celtic, it was a choice.

The Saints fan in the previous example also made a choice which made getting a hold of a ticket more difficult.

Both individuals have made choices which made getting hold of tickets theoretically more difficult, therefore both have to, in your words, "suck it up".

Seriously, how is this eluding you?

:lol:

The Celtic fan is missing out because he follows a successful football team which frequently draws large crowds, and will therefore struggle for a ticket where availability is limited. No one forced him to support Celtic, it was a choice.

The Saints fan in the previous example also made a choice which made getting a hold of a ticket more difficult.

Both individuals have made choices which made getting hold of tickets theoretically more difficult, therefore both have to, in your words, "suck it up".

Seriously, how is this eluding you?

The Saints fan did not fail to get the ticket though. This is not a point you can overlook or gloss over. The Celtic fan who lives in Oz & spends as much money to going to watch his team should not be any less successful in getting a ticket just because his team are more successful. How ludicrous is that.

More to the point, the Celtic fan who buys a ST & goes to every home game, should def not be missing out to a Saints fan from Oz who is only coming to watch his team because they got to said cup final, otherwise he'd still be staying at home throwing shrimps on the barbecue not giving a 2nd thought about putting in the time, effort & money to go watch St Johnstone.

I love the way you lot harp on about glory hunters following Celtic & The Rangers, yet come a cup final for any team outside those two you change position & defend glory hunters.

Supporters of smaller clubs have more chance of getting cup final and semifinals tickets because there are less people competing for the club's allocation

Supporters of larger clubs have more chance of getting cup final tickets because their clubs get to more finals and semifinals

These effects roughly balance each other out.

Archived