New BBC Documentary Series - Scottish Fitba is Pish

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because the Union Flags at Ibrox do, is what he means I think? Why one, not the other?

Because I have no problem with Ireland or indeed any other country on the planet.

I'm extremely unhappy that Scotland are in the Union though. Like I said it's not that big a deal, but the union jacks and gstq stuff (never mind the booing of FoS) really gets on my nerves at times.

Surprised I have to explain that to be honest, thought it would've been pretty straightforward going by what I've posted on here for years.

57 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Because I have no problem with Ireland or indeed any other country on the planet.

I'm extremely unhappy that Scotland are in the Union though. Like I said it's not that big a deal, but the union jacks and gstq stuff (never mind the booing of FoS) really gets on my nerves at times.

Surprised I have to explain that to be honest, thought it would've been pretty straightforward going by what I've posted on here for years.

Aye, right...

I hate what both sides of the OF stand for but even though we are in the UK (unfortunately) and not Ireland, it's the Union flags that annoy me.

The Irish flags are flown as a celebration of the heritage of the club and even though they should be embracing being a Scottish league club, that doesn't bother me. The Union flags are being flown by people purely to assert that they are anti-Irish and that is disgusting.

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

I hate what both sides of the OF stand for but even though we are in the UK (unfortunately) and not Ireland, it's the Union flags that annoy me.

The Irish flags are flown as a celebration of the heritage of the club and even though they should be embracing being a Scottish league club, that doesn't bother me. The Union flags are being flown by people purely to assert that they are anti-Irish and that is disgusting.

I think the Union Flag is flown to celebrate being British first and foremost, isn't it?

49 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It would've saved you a lot more time if you just said 'Because I support Celtic'.

56 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Aye, but why is only that club (and one idiot at Dens) that ever flies them then?

I don't think Dens has a monopoly on flag waving idiots to be honest, but if Celtic want to fly the tricolour as a celebration of their Irishness, Rangers are perfectly entitled to celebrate their Britishness.

The fact is football clubs have no need to fly any nation's flags including Scotland's, if they want to wave flags, wave the club flag or the town they represent's flag but I don't get taking offence at one countries flag but not the other, if you see what I mean.

I don't think Dens has a monopoly on flag waving idiots to be honest, but if Celtic want to fly the tricolour as a celebration of their Irishness, Rangers are perfectly entitled to celebrate their Britishness.

The fact is football clubs have no need to fly any nation's flags including Scotland's, if they want to wave flags, wave the club flag or the town they represent's flag but I don't get taking offence at one countries flag but not the other, if you see what I mean.

I do get that, it's just that everyone knows they aren't doing it simply because they like being British.

Anyway, think we are slightly off topic here...

Never ceases to amaze me, the number of punters on here, who slate the OF.
The "Scottish Football doesn't need the OF, our game would be so much better without them" brigade...but spend an inordinate amount of time posting about them! It doesn't make sense.

49 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

I don't get taking offence at one countries flag but not the other, if you see what I mean.

Correct. I can't believe people are niave/gullable/thick enough to believe the bigots fly the Union and Irish flags for anything other than sectarian reasons. Any cover story is just that.

The "Scottish Football doesn't need the OF, our game would be so much better without them" brigade...but spend an inordinate amount of time posting about them! It doesn't make sense.

[emoji1] idiot

26 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Who's fault is that?

If you wait long enough the Celtic and Rangers or more accurately their sycophantic media mouth pieces are wanting them to ditch the Scottish Leagues for the English Leagues nonsense will kick off again soon enough.

And its an open forum for supporters of all Scottish clubs, would you expect them not to slate both OF clubs?:huh:

If you don't like it then there are plenty of Rangers minded forums around where you can go and avoid the hurtful comments from supporters from other clubs.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It makes perfect sense.

All sorts of people take huge interest in things they don't like or aren't in agreement with.

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Look how much we care, bears.

download.jpg

Archived