League cup Rangers v Queen of the South

SUPERSOUTH

On first view (in play) I thought it looked 50/50. It wasn't until the replay that I saw how bad it was. I want to defend the ref as he only gets one chance to judge it. It's hard to protect him when he deemed it to be a foul and a booking though. If he thought it warranted a booking he surely has to be giving a red there.

It came at a bad time as we looked to be gaining some momentum and 2 minutes later we conceded the second but let's not kid ourselves, we were the makers of our own downfall tonight. The red card decision wasn't the reason we lost tonight. We were poor long before that decision.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it after the Dundee tackle, that's the way he tackles. Typical forward tackle however still a red card in today's world. 

Thought Halliday was superb. So much more to his game than Barton's. Kranjcar's legs may not be quick enough now however I thought he gave it his all. Both in chasing and closing down and his ability to pass the ball was also top drawer. I still think Rangers pass the ball well however only up to the final ball then too often it's sloppy. 

I like Halliday as a player tho I'm a big Forrester fan. 

QOS have been on great form and I was expecting much more from them tonight. 

I think the ref had a bad view. Imo he was in a straight line behind Forrester who therefore was blocking the refs clear view of the tackle. However as he gave a yellow he's saying he saw it. I think he may just have guessed as it was obvious Forrester got nothing on the ball.

Said to my The Rangers supporting mate earlier "A can accept defeat but not when we don't do ourselves justice". I must have had a premonition. Just awful from us at the moment. I accept The Rangers are passing it about well and we can't get close to them, but when we are going forward we haven't tested them in the slightest. I really hope we give a better account of ourselves in the second half.

Extremely pissed off with Marshall for the goal. He was completely caught ball-watching rather than keeping an eye of O'Halloran. He got caught a couple of times earlier in the game but was let off the hook; not this time though.

At least give it a go in the second half. Absolutely nothing to lose.

Really re Marshall sorry but that should be bread and butter for lee but he had gone walkabouts unacceptable had he been where he should have been he was clearly saveing that lol

Well, that was pish. Thought we'd put up more of a fight, but it just never happened.

Clear foul on Lyle on the edge (continued in) of the box before they broke for the second. Not seen a replay of Forrester (other than the slow mo shown in the stadium as he was taken off), so can't really comment on that.

None of that excuses a poor performance though. None of the team individually had horror shows, but only Hilson came away from that game with pass marks for me.

Really re Marshall sorry but that should be bread and butter for lee but he had gone walkabouts unacceptable had he been where he should have been he was clearly saveing that lol

Yes really. I know Marshall is well thought of at Palmerston and isn't one who generally receives criticism but he was absolutely caught ball-watching for the first. Watch the replay back and you'll see he hasn't a clue where O'Halloran is until it's too late. He's more focussed on where the ball is going rather than tracking O'Halloran, which is wrong and in this case was costly.

I can't defend Robinson. I've no idea what he was up to for the goal. He deserves as much criticism as Brownlie who lost Holt. But the fact remains that had Marshall not been ball-watching he could have prevented the cross being played in in the first place.

Archived