Oliver Burke

Contra

14 hours ago, dogmc said:

True enough regarding burke but i can see why people dont have faith in Strachan getting selection correct. We will have to wait and see how it goes but i think Strachan has very little credit in the bank for a growing number of fans. A couple of good selections n 2 wins will help that....but if not then i think he will be under severe pressure

How often has he got his selection noticably wrong?  There have certainly been occasions, I'm not saying that as a "he's never got it wrong" post, but from a lot of posts it seems like people think he gets it consistently wrong.

Against Ireland away he got it wrong, and hindsight points to it being worse due to a decent draw not being as good when you look back.  He got it wrong initially against Gibraltar, but deserves credit for noticing that, identifying the problem and then making sure it didn't turn into more of a nightmare than it was.  You could argue he got it wrong against Georgia, but I think that was more a perfect storm of too little emphasis being put on the importance of the game (by everyone, not just Strachan) and the woeful performances of the players on the pitch.

One thing I do agree with though, if we don't get two wins, he's under pressure.  Selection doesn't really matter as long as you win.  He could pick an absolutely terrible side, but if it gets us 6 points, then most aren't going to turn on him.  Same as if he picks the side everyone wants him to and drops points, the knives will be out.  

An epl club would easily pay double what forest got. Forest didnt need to sell him as he had years left on his contract, they could of waited a year and then sold him for 20m, all the while benefitting from him playing, john stones was nearly 50m and he aint all that good, 35m i think for carrol, forest should of taken advantage of the inflated epl prices plus they have very little time to find a replacement.

They wouldn't "easily pay double".

You're getting a bit carried away with yourself here.

Disagree mate, and even if a club wouldnt pay double then forest could have kept him another year and got the same price for him next season. He could of helped forest get promotion to the epl which is worth far more than picking up 13m which they will get in years time anyways.

How do you know this? It's pure speculation. Forest aren't going to win promotion on the back of Oliver Burke.

He could have a shite season and leave for a £1m. Forest saw the profit and took it.

Disagree mate, and even if a club wouldnt pay double then forest could have kept him another year and got the same price for him next season. He could of helped forest get promotion to the epl which is worth far more than picking up 13m which they will get in years time anyways.

Aren't forest horribly skint? Imagine that £13 million now is far more appealing than an unknown amount at some point in the future.

38 minutes ago, Mccaughey85 said:

An epl club would easily pay double what forest got. Forest didnt need to sell him as he had years left on his contract, they could of waited a year and then sold him for 20m, all the while benefitting from him playing, john stones was nearly 50m and he aint all that good, 35m i think for carrol, forest should of taken advantage of the inflated epl prices plus they have very little time to find a replacement.

20 minutes ago, Mccaughey85 said:

This'll be why the 27 year old Yannick Bolasie went for 25 million after 90 Premier League appearances for Crystal Palace (and 43 Championship) while the 19 year old Burke with ten Championship games to his name should have gone for the same. Are you Kenny's second account?

Its all about gambling on what you think will happen. Even if he has an average season then he will still imo be worth 8m. I think even if he has a n average season he will still go fpr decent money as he will still only be 20. So for the sake of maybe 5m forest have cashed in on one of the hottest talents in british football.

Or took £13m for a potential flop.

I haven't seen Burke play enough to say what his potential is, and to be honest I don't think anyone on this thread has, yourself included.

If you want to continue with your wild speculation then I'd read the Islam Feruz, Ryan Gauld and Jack Harper threads for a bit of grounding.

More than a few decapitations here, on the basis of one clubs' opinion on a Scottish player. I'd hate to see the dribbling mess some will turn into if he can actually play football. 

People need to steady the f**k on. Matej Vydra went for 12m, and pretty much any Brazilian who puts his boots on the correct feet goes for upwards of that. The game is, thankfully, edging ever closer to implosion, that is the only thing thats certain about the stupidity of what's currently transpiring in the transfer market. I can only hope for Burke's own sake that he doesn't fall victim to the circus like many do, and i alluded to that in asking about Strachan's important role in his development. 

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This'll be why the 27 year old Yannick Bolasie went for 25 million after 90 Premier League appearances for Crystal Palace (and 43 Championship) while the 19 year old Burke with ten Championship games to his name should have gone for the same. Are you Kenny's second account?

No idea why you need to mention me gringo. I have not posted anything that's insanely mad.  

I said burke was different gravy some took offence, I said he would move before the transfer window closed some took offence. That's there opinion it's a forum after all. But to alluded that I would need a 2nd account why the feck would anyone want to do that.  I like my show downs with foruranus and 1320arselichtie