Oliver Burke

Contra

Yeh I wouldn't be surprised to see forrest start the next game, assuming he keeps up his current form. Burke has a lot of potential but has a lot to learn

Forrest looked absolutely dreadful. I am happy for Burke to keep playing as he, at least, looks like he wants to take men on and makes things happen. It just didn't happen for him. It doesn't help when people start comparing him to Bale after a few games

He did. He hardly took his man on which, as a winger, is his job. Considering the Malta defence would have been tired, it was quite disappointing

Simplistic pish. He linked with paterson and the midfield well and put a couple of dangerous crosses in. He lost the ball a couple of times but not nearly as much as burke

It makes me laugh that Liepzig are the laughing stock, as if they are any worse then any other team in the budesliga.

They are hated in Germany because the Bundesliga tries to have rules over the single wealthy owner bankrolling a team - kind of model. They try to have a degree of fan ownership and people who have multiple decision makers on the board. Red Bull kind of stretches this rule.

It isn't much worse to any of the other clubs around Europe though, we are used to seeing these kind of club ownerships.

The lad did well but lets be fair here we must not put too much pressure on his shoulders, he needs to be allowed to learn and make mistakes. My only worry is as a nation as moany as and pragmatic as we are we bemoan any confidence the lad has out of him. Wingers and Direct players need to be allowed to try things and make them happen, majority of the time it doesn't pay off, that is football. Do you think the likes of Dvaid Silva get EVERY single decision right? of course they don't, think we need to chill a little.

As for Forrest give the guy a break, didn't exactly have much time to do anything. Least he is playing well for Celtic

Edited by troopio

The lad did well but lets be fair here we must not put too much pressure on his shoulders, he needs to be allowed to learn and make mistakes. My only worry is as a nation as moany as and pragmatic as we are we bemoan any confidence the lad has out of him. Wingers and Direct players need to be allowed to try things and make them happen, majority of the time it doesn't pay off, that is football. Do you think the likes of Dvaid Silva get EVERY single decision right? of course they don't, think we need to chill a little.

As for Forrest give the guy a break, didn't exactly have much time to do anything. Least he is playing well for Celtic

The voice of reason lol

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

He doesn't wear headphones, he doesn't have a ridiculous haircut and he doesn't sing the national anthem, whoopee. 

Aye he does.  He has shite hair.

1 hour ago, troopio said:

Spot on, particularly the pressure part.  That's why in the past couple of weeks I said how ridiculous it was to be hyping this guy up and saying he's going to be world class.  Because when he has a game like yesterday - one where he wasn't bad but wasn't that great either - then those sky high expectations are only going to be dashed.  He's now got a few weeks to get his head down at his new club before the next squad is announced.  I don't doubt he'll be in it barring injury, but he has to prove he deserves his start just like everyone else.  

Like the look of him, although as others have said he's very raw.

I just hope we don't place too much pressure on him, he's gone from relatively unknown amongst the Scottish media to the new Gareth Bale in the space of a few weeks.

Keep selecting him for squads, get him the experience, don't play him every game but as was said above, let him make mistakes, let him learn.

It is of course frustrating if he runs the ball out of play but I think we could really do with that youthful energy and attitude of 'f**k it, I'm going to try something'.  Eventually it will come good.

Good luck to him.

I'd keep playing Burke. Forrest did nothing wrong but Burke made beating guys look so easy at times, when he wasn't running it out of the park. He done well and looked dangerous. You can just see that he's capable of doing something Forrest just doesn't have, which isn't a criticism of Forrest. Ritchie and Snodgrass are pretty much nailed on starters but it would be interesting to see both Burke and Anya playing on opposite sides.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'd keep playing Burke. Forrest did nothing wrong but Burke made beating guys look so easy at times, when he wasn't running it out of the park. He done well and looked dangerous. You can just see that he's capable of doing something Forrest just doesn't have, which isn't a criticism of Forrest. Ritchie and Snodgrass are pretty much nailed on starters but it would be interesting to see both Burke and Anya playing on opposite sides.

He looks to drive at defenders at every opportunity.  And that's a refreshing trait to see in Scotland teams.  There's not been a player like him seen in a long time; tall, strong and quick.

Would definitely have him starting these qualifiers.