Oliver Burke

Contra

As an Ayr United supporter I dont give a shit who he plays for...if guys who have played at a very high level of foootball are telling us all that this boy is good then why can't we accept that and let him flourish or otherwise.

My grouse is with the pathetic individuals who are quick to denounce the guy as shit, crap and similar descriptions when it is absolutely blatant to anyone who is not biased towards the Glasgow divide that he is none of these things....FFS give the lad a chance. So what if he doesn't turn out to be Messi. He won't be the only player in the world not to reach that level.

He shouldn't be in the squad at the expense of better players especially when he was totally out of his depth at U21 level and done nothing in top tier of club football. He wouldn't be anywhere near squad if it wasn't for the club he plays for.

19 hours ago, conley said:

To suggest he is "crap" is ludicrous. You don't get to the level he has achieved at a relatively young age by being a " shit" player.

The boy is obviously talented but will he ever become an established international player remains to be seen.

Let's hope he does. So many people here are far too quick to write off a player based on having seen him in a couple of games, on the telly or, indeed, because of the team he plays for.

The level he has achieved? The Scottish Championship? Cause he's yet to turn up to the Premiership.

1 hour ago, woof! said:

No, you hate the club he plays for and are blind as a consequence.

Utter bollocks, mate. Sorry but having that opinion all because most think a mediocre player is mediocre is mental.

I hate Rangers, but I'm a Scotland supporter. And when it comes to the national team my opinions are burely based on a players talent. Nout to do with their club! I had Barry Ferguson on the back of my shirt at one point. I was also McGregor daft.

To pull that opinion out the bag cause no one is agreeing with you is utter bullcrap.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He's played in the top league in Scotland for 5 games ffs..  How is that enough time to cone to the conclusion that he's a great player? Playing well against Championship sides, some of whom were part time, is hardly a good gauge.

This. The likes of Jamie Walker vastly outperformed him at Championship level, and at Premiership level, and is only a year and a bit older. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

This. The likes of Jamie Walker vastly outperformed him at Championship level, and at Premiership level, and is only a year and a bit older. 

Walker is better than McKay. But clearly either Strachan is insane (beginning to believe that) or he's getting picked ahead of Walker because of the club he plays for.

Also, no idea how Matt Phillips doesn't get in ahead of McKay or Forrest. Proof that Strachan doesn't use the national pool properly.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Phillips... Can't be the only one not giving two fucks he's not in.

I've never been overly impressed with him, but a pacey, 25 year old, EPL regular is surely worth more of a look than Forrest or McKay

I've never been overly impressed with him, but a pacey, 25 year old, EPL regular is surely worth more of a look than Forrest or McKay

Correct. The fact that McGhee n Strachan constantly go on about probably our two weakest wide players is pretty poor. It's as if admitting snodgrass ritchie n Burke have done well would kill them. Outside of them anya Philips (even bannan) are still miles ahead of Mckay n forrest.

Correct. The fact that McGhee n Strachan constantly go on about probably our two weakest wide players is pretty poor. It's as if admitting snodgrass ritchie n Burke have done well would kill them. Outside of them anya Philips (even bannan) are still miles ahead of Mckay n forrest.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/scotlandinternational/7232323/Gordon-Strachan-raises-glass-to-his-hat-trick-hero-Robert-Snodgrass.html

'With Snoddy and James Forrest, it’s like having new players — they bring pace, ability and determination.'

"Oliver Burke did things that excite you, he pushes defenders back the way.

“But he’s only just turned 19 and I’m sure he’s glad he got his first competitive international cap out the way.

“But there were a lot of other things out there. I thought Barry Bannan was excellent under pressure.

“Matt Ritchie excellent, Snodgrass just when the pressure was on. They were good and Darren Fletcher, as well, never flinched.”

15 hours ago, Underpants Gnome said:

Utter bollocks, mate. Sorry but having that opinion all because most think a mediocre player is mediocre is mental.

I hate Rangers, but I'm a Scotland supporter. And when it comes to the national team my opinions are burely based on a players talent. Nout to do with their club! I had Barry Ferguson on the back of my shirt at one point. I was also McGregor daft.

To pull that opinion out the bag cause no one is agreeing with you is utter bullcrap.

I retract my accusation and apologise. I hope you will consider putting McKay on your shirt if i am proved correct.

On 9/17/2016 at 00:48, 1320Lichtie said:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/scotlandinternational/7232323/Gordon-Strachan-raises-glass-to-his-hat-trick-hero-Robert-Snodgrass.html

'With Snoddy and James Forrest, it’s like having new players — they bring pace, ability and determination.'

“But he’s only just turned 19 and I’m sure he’s glad he got his first competitive international cap out the way.

“But there were a lot of other things out there. I thought Barry Bannan was excellent under pressure.

“Matt Ritchie excellent, Snodgrass just when the pressure was on. They were good and Darren Fletcher, as well, never flinched.”

For fucks' sake. This was Malta. He's over-egging the pudding a little. It was a solid, professional job, with hints of a potential change in philosophy, especially middle to front. This is based on early season form, and fresh emergence of talent....absolutey nothing whatsoever to do with how our team performed against a bunch of fucking waiters. 

On 9/17/2016 at 00:38, dogmc said:

On 9/17/2016 at 00:48, 1320Lichtie said:

:lol: That is just glorious 

On 9/18/2016 at 07:13, Officer Barbrady said:

For fucks' sake. This was Malta. He's over-egging the pudding a little. It was a solid, professional job, with hints of a potential change in philosophy, especially middle to front. This is based on early season form, and fresh emergence of talent....absolutey nothing whatsoever to do with how our team performed against a bunch of fucking waiters. 

Aw for fu...there we go, back to normal :rolleyes:

On 17/09/2016 at 14:56, woof! said:

I retract my accusation and apologise. I hope you will consider putting McKay on your shirt if i am proved correct.

Don't apoligise, it's your opinion. I just thought your way of backing it up was a bit mental. But aye, if McKay impresses for Rangers in the next month or 2, I'll put him on the back of my next Scotland shirt and give you a formal apology!