Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

All football fans are fickle. BRE was going to stride across opposition attacks like a colossus this season, until you all realised he's actually not that good. Jefferies was doing fine until he wasn't, etc. If Locke places us 6th I suspect we'd actually be happy enough, considering it's half a new team and a complete change of management. Depends who finishes above us and how we came to finish 6th. I think EVERYONE is surprised how well we've started, but it's nothing more - a good start.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be the manner of finishing sixth that would determine how I felt the season had gone. If it's a close miss from 4th place it would be disappointing but a fair effort in a tight league. If we were miles away from 4th I would be unhappy.

We always tend to start well, so I won't be getting carried away. I am pleasantly surprised so far, but we can't draw any indications of how we'll fare this season just yet. I do however think our last two results in particular have been excellent, as both sides undoubtedly have similar aims to us this season. 

Vaughan was good until he went off, links the play really well and has a great touch. A quiet game by his standards but absolutely no where near "gash".

This.

His touch and vision is on a different level to most of the players in this league.

Despite his size he is an incredibly strong player.

The boy has a very bright future ahead of him.

From the Rovers end how honking was the attempt by Hutton attempt to save the first?

Looked from my vantage point like a shot the keeper should have saved? 

Would be harsh to blame the keeper for the first. It was right in the corner. In saying that, the fact Hutton got down and got a hand to it could make you think he should have done better. Wouldn't blame Hutton for either.

Defence should have closed Barr down a lot quicker.

And as for Stewart's goal. BRE :lol: :lol:

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He meant the Bobby Barr goal. The second was a terrific effort, while I'd have fancied saving the first goal.

I was talking about Barr's goal you silly woman.

However, never mind that. More important is the fact that you've got a large number of players who are bang average for the Championship. Hutton, Ashcroft, Richards-Everton, Martin, McCabe, Cardle, Reilly, Moffat and Hopkirk would not get a game in Rovers' starting line up.

That leaves you with Geggan, Higginbotham and just maybe Williamson - but his defending is fuckin awful so that kind of rules him out. And Higginbotham is a temperamental wee c**t so you're left with Geggan.

Happy rebuilding. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

From the Rovers end how honking was the attempt by Hutton attempt to save the first?

Looked from my vantage point like a shot the keeper should have saved? 

Think Barr's moving on the ball just before he shot might have thrown Hutton a wee bit.

As for the second, BRE, oops., Stewart shimmied ye there son:lol: No way the keeper would have got it, right in the postage stamp corner

41 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I was talking about Barr's goal you silly woman.

However, never mind that. More important is the fact that you've got a large number of players who are bang average for the Championship. Hutton, Ashcroft, Richards-Everton, Martin, McCabe, Cardle, Reilly, Moffat and Hopkirk would not get a game in Rovers' starting line up.

That leaves you with Geggan, Higginbotham and just maybe Williamson - but his defending is fuckin awful so that kind of rules him out. And Higginbotham is a temperamental wee c**t so you're left with Geggan.

Happy rebuilding. :thumsup2

^^^thinks being called a woman is an insult

Why? Do you think you will beat us? Seemed to hear that prior to Saturday lol. How can you not see that we are a far better team than you. You just better hope we don't play to our best. Saturday we were a bit off form and with a crocked keeper and you still failed to get a decent shot on target COYR

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You do wonder how we were better for such parts of the game with such a honking team. Loads of hyperbole from the Raith fans here, they're not going to take the next derby well tbh.

You had more possession in the first half but you did f**k all with it. However, in the second half, when we were better, we were streets ahead of your awful lot. Seriously, you've got so many ordinary players you've just got to hope that allot a lot of them are only on one year contracts. Hopkirk's on two. :thumsup2

In AJ we trust. 

Archived