Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next time around certainly should be interesting. By that point, we'll hopefully have Craig Barr (:lol: As expected in the Autumn), Cuthbert, Robertson and Davidson all back. While they would all be usually first choices, I'd expect only the first two to come right back in. Matthews and Callachan have been superb (aside to a karate kick to Cardle's face from the former). Callachan in particular seems to be growing in confidence, and looks farm more like the player who was outstanding in midfield for us before.  

4 minutes ago, rw89 said:

The next time around certainly should be interesting. By that point, we'll hopefully have Craig Barr (:lol: As expected in the Autumn), Cuthbert, Robertson and Davidson all back. While they would all be usually first choices, I'd expect only the first two to come right back in. Matthews and Callachan have been superb (aside to a karate kick to Cardle's face from the former). Callachan in particular seems to be growing in confidence, and looks farm more like the player who was outstanding in midfield for us before.  

Do you think you need any more additions before end of August?

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol: The worrying thing is, depending on how serious Lennox's injury is, then we might need another keeper. Our squad size is rather ridiculous though, and even then we had no defenders on the bench on Saturday. 

Just watched the highlights there. We created a better chance in the first minute when Matthews fired over than the Pars managed all game. Our goalie could barely even walk, FFS.

Good advantage from the ref for the opener - I would raise a point that I don't think has been mentioned, that Geggan on a yellow card may well have walked had the advantage not been there? 

The nice thing is "Geggs" then helped throw away the second goal (seen no criticism of that?) with a dreadful pass out of defence. Absolutely magical from Stewart though. I'd use that old cliche of "BRE" having to pay to get back in but I think he must've paid to play in the first place.

Ball just wouldn't drop for us in the second half, I thought it was going to be one of those days until Barr's goal to be honest. All jokes aside it could've went ether way until the opener but there was only one winner from there. We were the side with better cutting edge and the better chances over the piece.

Full credit to Locke for bringing Skacel on out wide, worked a lot better than the usual 'Skacel for Vaughan' change which I think may actually have cost us the game with the Pars defence struggling so much with pace and movement. 

30 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think you should read my post again, sunshine. You're just coming across as an angry misogynist.

I condemn this potential misogyny.

Anyway, we were far better against St Mirren the week before.

I think the Pars will be safe without much issues but I can't see them threatening the promotion playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Potentially a goalkeeper. You'd have seen yourself Lennox hobbling around on Saturday, and the fact he wasn't subbed likely means Cuthbert only made the squad out of necessity. A short-term emergency loan would hopefully be sufficient, in any case. 

I don't think we need any more additions - we've a full squad otherwise. Robertson, Davidson, C.Barr and Johnston (at least I presume) are all injured and are to come back, although I'd personally not look to change anything at the moment. Johnston I haven't seen admittedly, but our best performances have came in the games we don't play two out and out wingers and I see no reason at present to change formation. Scott Robertson largely flatters to deceive and although Craig Barr is an excellent player, our defence seems to be doing fine as it is and doesn't merit disruption. 

We are short in defence currently (critically short at full back) but bringing anyone in would be reckless given the squad size. 

13 minutes ago, Andy C said:

I think the Pars will be safe without much issues but I can't see them threatening the promotion playoffs.

Pretty much my exact thoughts before a ball was kicked and seen very little to change my mind. We'll pick up some good wins, lose a few stinkers and stroll our way to the tepid heights of 6th.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

You do wonder how we were better for such parts of the game with such a honking team. Loads of hyperbole from the Raith fans here, they're not going to take the next derby well tbh.

Usual West Fife rangers hubris, no change there then.

Vaughan had an off day on Saturday. He struggled to make any sort of impact in the game. Even at that he had bre in his back pocket.

We had the opening 10/20 mins pars the rest of the half, without making any clear chances. Second half we dominated and could have had a couple of pens.

As soon as our first goal went in the likes of higginbotom just weren't interested. That's where we won the game.

Iv been dead against locke from the off but the past couple of games we've played some good football and don't not too bad so if it continues he will win me over. I do love the passion he shows at times aswell.

Anyway were top o the league and your no!!!....

3 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

From the Rovers end how honking was the attempt by Hutton attempt to save the first?

Looked from my vantage point like a shot the keeper should have saved? 

I was sitting just behind and to our left of the goals. When Barr cuts in and takes the shot, Hutton was unsighted by BRE. He actually done well to get a hand to the ball after seeing it late. Don't see why he's getting so much stick from the Pars support for it imo

I was sitting just behind and to our left of the goals. When Barr cuts in and takes the shot, Hutton was unsighted by BRE. He actually done well to get a hand to the ball after seeing it late. Don't see why he's getting so much stick from the Pars support for it imo

I was also directly in line with the shot and it looked in as soon as he hit it. Hutton made a decent attempt at getting down to it actually.

I find it difficult to take any criticism on strikers from a fanbase who appear to rate Michael Moffat.

Michael Moffat, FFS. I was dismayed when he was subbed. He's absolutely horrible.

On a similar note it's magnificent to see the tide turn against the previously much-loved 'BRE' after McManus and Mark Stewart completely ruined him. Another seaside league haddy that Dunfermline will need to ditch.

Moffat might play for my club but that doesn't mean I rate him. The Pars crowd are split on Moffat, the majority are bored as he doesn't put it on the onion bag often enough. The other half think he's a good player with a real footballing brain but not quite the eye for goal we hoped for. No doubt the boy Vaughan has potential but he wasn't up to much on Saturday.

Archived