Match of the Day Thread 16/17

nelsjfc

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

That time again.....

Fair player to Lineker going through with it. Clearly been in the gym over summer! Shearer "cold in here" joke though.....

Ian Wright back again. Great.

It was a pair of fitba shorts FFS! :lol:

Quite enjoyed last season's MotD thread tbh so glad it's made a return. Shearer isn't that bad as a pundit but I'm still not a fan of Wright. He's enthusiastic I suppose rather than Murphy or Lawro. 

How long has the camera position been in the stand opposite the dug-outs btw? I was a bit confused for a second trying to work out if they'd done something to the corners of the stands before I figured that I was looking at the awkward join between the main stand and the C-shaped stand.

56 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Quite enjoyed last season's MotD thread tbh so glad it's made a return. Shearer isn't that bad as a pundit but I'm still not a fan of Wright. He's enthusiastic I suppose rather than Murphy or Lawro. 

How long has the camera position been in the stand opposite the dug-outs btw? I was a bit confused for a second trying to work out if they'd done something to the corners of the stands before I figured that I was looking at the awkward join between the main stand and the C-shaped stand.

Which ground are you talking about here?

If it's The Riverside you're talking about then it's just this season they've switched the camera to the opposite stand.

10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Which ground are you talking about here?

If it's The Riverside you're talking about then it's just this season they've switched the camera to the opposite stand.

Aye, the Riverside. Why did they change that then? Get more punters in hospitality or something? 

10 hours ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I don't like changes like that.

Me either. It's not as bad as the time they had the ridiculous low angle at White Hart Lane though. That was truly awful.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, the Riverside. Why did they change that then? Get more punters in hospitality or something? 

Me either. It's not as bad as the time they had the ridiculous low angle at White Hart Lane though. That was truly awful.

They changed a few things at the ground, but I think they probably got sick of people claiming there were low crowds when it was 90% full because the cameras were pointed towards the small family stand that's the only one that gets empty seats when it's not a sell out. So the cameras are now in the stand facing towards the double tier main stand that's usually full. 

They also added in hospitality in the main stand and changed a couple of other things.

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

That's some finish from Vokes. That Liverpool kit is awful, though.

Two great finishes but really poor defending for both.

The strip is horrific although it's always funny seeing grown men who are daft enough to buy and wear them,  

• 3 weeks later...

Ian Wright was an absolute minter tearing into the keeper the way he did. Bravo was shite, but it was his first game in a brand new league in the biggest Manc derby in years. Give him a chance to settle FFS.

'I'm worried about Man City with him in goal'

There'll be a crusade against Bravo regardless of ability.

Archived