Match of the Day Thread 16/17

nelsjfc

Ian Wright was an absolute minter tearing into the keeper the way he did. Bravo was shite, but it was his first game in a brand new league in the biggest Manc derby in years. Give him a chance to settle FFS.

'I'm worried about Man City with him in goal'

There'll be a crusade against Bravo regardless of ability.

No "uncharacteristic errors" every other weeks this season.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Every time he misses a City player with a pass we'll get a full run down of it.

I can understand how folk appreciate him for having a "refreshing" approach compared to the generic template answers most pundits give, but I just find it cringey to watch. He sounds like someone down the pub inanely ranting, not someone on TV providing 'expert analysis'.

5 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I can understand how folk appreciate him for having a "refreshing" approach compared to the generic template answers most pundits give, but I just find it cringey to watch. He sounds like someone down the pub inanely ranting, not someone on TV providing 'expert analysis'.

Very much this. The best analysis comes from those pundits who offer some genuine insight and can not only say what is happening but why it's happening. Having a wee rant and coming out with a funny throwaway line now and again doesn't increase anyone's understanding of the game.

Chris Sutton's awful.  He's consistently wrong about basic laws, does very little but describe precisely what we've all just seen in a series of mindless, reactionary cliches, and seems to take some kind of perverse pleasure in taking issue with the commentator.

Co-commentators as trolls is not a good combination. Quite a few of them trying that schtick though.

It's one thing talking straight and another to be blunt, rude and contrary just for the sake of it. Sutton could perhaps get away with constantly disagreeing with one person on one channel, such as Michael Stewart on BT, but when he's doing it all the time on every channel he appears on it's obvious it's just an act. Why he's suddenly flavour of the day and gets so much work is a sad reflection on how punditry is going.

As for the ex-Lincoln City manager with a season's experience at the bottom of the English 4th Division telling Guidolin, a manager with 30 years experience including Serie A and Ligue 1, how to man manage...

Ian Wright was an absolute minter tearing into the keeper the way he did. Bravo was shite, but it was his first game in a brand new league in the biggest Manc derby in years. Give him a chance to settle FFS.

'I'm worried about Man City with him in goal'

It took De Gea time to settle in at United with coming for crosses etc... granted he was young and bravo is 33/34 but it will take him time to settle into the EPL with the physicality of it but I've not been impressed so far!

Archived